Prepare To Meet Thy God Photo

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Arrse_onist, Sep 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know who holds the rights to this photo taken in NI? and whether or not prints are available?

• Like Like x 2
  2. There walks a VERY brave man ................... I hope he didn't meet his maker.
  3. Are you sure it's a photo? It looks like a painting to me when you look close up at details like the tops of buildings?
  4. That's dodgy 70's Kodachrome or an cheap instamatic camera ..... :)
    • Like Like x 3
  5. I suppose it helps more than it being taken by the terrorist about to detonate it :)

I wonder if contacting 'Soldier' mag' might help track it ?
  6. Thanks Smudge. Should have searched better myself.
  7. All of the links from the old thread seem to be broken, except the link to the three grainy options in Smudge's first post above. I guess 11 Reg will be the best place to start unless anyone can find any working links that i may have missed?

8. All the pics on the web originate from EOD image the long walk bombs and religion and they have added;

9. The photo was part of a series taken by the Belfast EOD team at the time. The task in question turned out to be a 'false'.

As the Stats Cat at the time it was my job to review all photo's of the previous days jobs which were printed on contact prints and select the suitable ones for CATO to brief CLF with at the 0900 daily brief.

I spotted the photo, probably taken by one of the RCT drivers of the EOD Pigs (a guess by me) and got several printed. Whether it was part of a series of happy snaps or a deliberate composure I never found out. It was on 35mm film and most deinately not Photoshopped. For those in the know, the operator was I believe 'Spearchucker', but we are going back over 20years.
  10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Bloody awesome photo. I'd love to see the original!
  11. HHH

HHH LE

I think this is the original one.

Editted to add;
    I think it is in Chris Ryder's book "A special kind of courage"
    ( But don't quote me on this)
    • Like Like x 2