Preparation for ID cards goes ahead without parliament

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ozgerbobble, Apr 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :evil:
  2. Heh, looks like I managed to flee this increasingly totalitarian country just in time. If anyone else wishes to escape across the Atlantic, I've got a spare room :).
  3. How much per calendar month then :cry:
  4. cheesypoptart, have you actually emigrated to US? If so, how did you get in? I want to come too...
  5. I've lived here since January. I applied to adjust status from here as a spouse, which means I can stay while they process my application. My work permit should be here by late May, my green card by the end of the year.

Basically, if you aren't a relative of a yank, you'll have to find a job - and right now they're not processing a lot of work-related visas properly (a bit like that Nigerian visa situation with us - i.e. it's their fault).
  6. I'm going to try putting a fake tan on, speaking spanish and entering via the wide open Tex/Mex border...then if anyone asks I can say "no speaky des English Gringo, viva pancho villa utd and stuff La alamo yankee peeg".
  7. Why bother with the fake tan? You can still say it and it will get you exactly the same - jack shit!
  8. Well, done. They'll think you're asking where the nearest car rental is. Then proceed to Los Angeles and buy yourself a fake green card. Enlist in the US Army, serve in Iraq and then fess up once you're eligible for citizenship after a year (preferably win a medal, too). A Mexican guy did just that and got away with it.

Remember, Service Guarantees Citizenship!