Premotion failed

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Boyce7460, Nov 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just cos you passed the cadre doesn't make it a given. Might not be a PID for you to go into. Nutshell, there's **** all you can do

2. Learn about persec and practice spelling, then ask them again.

3. Maybe Educational and Training Services isn't for you.

4. Wack, wack, OOOPPSS. PERSEC FAIL.

You passed, well done.

Are there any slots for you?

When is the actual board sitting for your rank?

Have you obtained the neccesary education/trade quals?

5. Mark,
    What exactly were you told before the cadre?
    Were they not trying to find potential NCOs - if so how many?
    How many people got promoted?
    Did they give you a placing in the Cadre - were you top or bottom?
    What have they told you since then? (were you debriefed, your strengths/weaknesses discussed, have you been advised how you might improve?

You might want to think about changing your Name on here - unless you aren't called Mark Doyle and your number doesn't end 7460!

6. Plus la change. The lad who came top of my Cadre was the last to be promoted and one of the lads who failed it was the first.

7. Take the issue up with your Really Scarey Man.

Then let us know how you got on.

8. Ah yes, the old squaddie moan of "I think I should be a (insert rank here)".

I think I should be a Field Marshal but in the meantime, I will get on with sweeping out the loco shed.

9. Judging by the fact you don't know how the promotion system works suggests that you may have either not done the time required, or have a sufficiant grade for promotion and\or the relevant quals. A NCO's cadre course is not a passport to promotion.

10. As many of us have found out, I'm sure. :)

11. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

The immediate action on failed premotion is to strike the Regtl Starter Motor with a big hammer.

12. You actually passed it? Wow, you amaze me, with persec like that I'm surprised you even got loaded on the course in the first place, I can only think they must have been making the numbers up....

Want to know why they havent done the deed? Try speaking to the local WRVS rep.... a few tears, let her know that you feel really left out, all that hard work, getting f****d about etc etc, passed it and you've not been made up (sob Sob) you get the idea, lay it on thick... she will find out for you no problems.

I'm sure the RSM and AO will be more than happy to explain....

13. Well, that took me all of 2 seconds to find out who you are/what you do/where you are... it won't be that hard for someone from your regiment to track you down!

Funnily enough I know an Officer from your lot..I can pass on your concerns if you want?

14. So we're all agreed then.

You didn't get promoted because you is fick.

You could always transfer to the RAF Regt - you'd make SAC in 10 years easily.