Premiership to play matches abroad?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rick_rolled, Feb 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The 20 Premier League clubs are reported to have agreed in principle to a radical plan that would see each team playing an extra match a season abroad.

Under the proposal, matches between two Premier League sides could be staged in the Far East, Australia and the USA.

The League have called a news conference for this afternoon where it is expected they will confirm they are to explore the proposal of playing games in some of the world's largest cities.

A meeting of the 20 clubs are said to have agreed in principle to the plan. It is understood that the proposed overseas matches would not be the final fixtures of the season.

The idea would be to cash in on existing interest in the Premier League around the world, and the extra money generated from TV would be split equally among the 20 clubs.

The details of how the system would work have yet to be finalised but it would mean each club playing 39 games, with a draw to pick out each side's overseas match.

There would be a sporting criteria, such as league position, to decide which clubs play each other.

And under the proposal, points earned in the overseas game would count towards the final

To me this sounds like nothing but a money-spinning idea for the already over-paid fat cats in Soho Square.
  2. Just noticed someone has already made a thread about this- would be helpful if they had named the thread with something that was to do with the topic.
  3. Can't even get to watch the cnuts (spurs) over here now they av got their fingers out their arrses and started playing football, every corperate cnut wants to go to white hart lane :x What chance have we got of seeing them play abroad? Even on the tv , unless we pay yet again! I'm Outraged :pissedoff: Rant over 8) and ok I called spurs cnuts so theres no need for anyone else too, but feel free if you must :D
  4. im a spurs fan aswell, and everyone assocaited with spurs other than the fans and (some) of the players are big fat flappy stinking cnuts.
  5. Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but did you know that you can watch virtually every premier league match live and free on the net? Just search for TVAnts, Sopcast or TVU Player, download some free software and then you will also find channel guides to see where your match is being broadcast. I an provide a bit more info if anyone is after it.
  6. yep - Spurs are c~nts! :p

And I don't think its a good idea as the top teams will undoubtedly get the pick of the locations. I mean, can you imagine Derby v Birmingham in the Aztec Stadium?
  7. I always thought that pre season tours were there to enable johny foreigner to see Britains finest. Well that and to let Man City fans know what it's like to play in Europe!
  8. Gentlemen, have just left a comment on afore mentioned Shooting times site highlighting the delights of cooking the little bugger's properly!
  9. Nowadays, it's more likely to allow players the chance to play in front of a genuinely 'home' crowd.

Anyway, football's gay. Flower-arranging on grass.
  10. you have been a member here for two years plus..........and thats the best you can do? :? :D I'm outraged at your lack of spunk sir! :party: