Premierhip Star Jailed

#1
Marlon King, who was celebrating both his wife's pregnancy and scoring a winning goal hours earlier, was repeatedly "cold-shouldered" by women revellers in London's packed Soho Revue Bar last December.

When a slightly-built university student became the latest to recoil from his touch, he lost his temper and in an outburst of "completely gratuitous violence" lashed out, "smashing" her to the floor.

His single clenched fist blow was so powerful that two other revellers - one of them holding on to his arm - were also sent flying.

While bouncers moved in to restrain the muscular £5 million striker, friends rushed to the aid of his victim. As she was helped to her feet, blood poured from her shattered nose, London's Southwark Crown Court heard.

The 29-year-old Wigan Athletic player, from Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, claimed he was a victim of "mistaken identity".

But after hearing overwhelming evidence from a string of witnesses, including a football coach who insisted he was the assailant, the jury decided he was lying.

He was unanimously convicted of sexually assaulting the 20-year-old and causing actual bodily harm.

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan later said the club had decided to sack King.

Whelan told Sky Sports News: "We have to follow the rules and regulations, which means we will have to give him 40 days notice that his contract will be cancelled. He is absolutely sacked - we will not tolerate football players who get sent to jail for 18 months. As far as we are concerned, he is finished with football at Wigan Athletic."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091029/tuk-football-star-jailed-over-attack-6323e80.html
 
#2
He needed taking out at the neck by a proper fecking man and stomped on. what a C-NT
 
#3
The news report makes it sound as though the Incredible Hulk had his pint spilt by a group of anorexic air cadets. Nice to see an honest response from his chairman though.
 
#4
Chuffed to buggery! Which is a pretty apt line when you consider that he's gonna be getting his arrse scooped out within the very near future.
 
#6
Sadly, far too many premier league players get away with murder (not far from the truth) as it is, and Gerrard got away with a similar thing a little while ago, And im a red, so I do think its crap.

It isnt just football players either who get away with it, sadly in this day and age, the rank of celebrityallows them to do what they like and be let free, but its nice to see at least one of the prima donna's go down for something.
 
#7
and it looks as if he is going to be put on the sex offenders register - not bad for a night out on the lash. But despite the severity of the case his agent has commented that all will be all right on his release:

"Let's say he does his time and comes out afterwards. Do you expect him to work for McDonald's? Someone - you trust me on this - will sign him to score goals, because that's what he does best."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/207692/

With idiots like this guiding them its no wonder that footballers think they are immune from the consequences of their actions
 
#8
TheSpecialOne said:
and it looks as if he is going to be put on the sex offenders register - not bad for a night out on the lash. But despite the severity of the case his agent has commented that all will be all right on his release:

"Let's say he does his time and comes out afterwards. Do you expect him to work for McDonald's? Someone - you trust me on this - will sign him to score goals, because that's what he does best."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/207692/

With idiots like this guiding them its no wonder that footballers think they are immune from the consequences of their actions
Rubbish. He's wasted as goal scorer and from the evidence should clearly have been a boxer :wink:
 
S

syledis

Guest
#9
Do you thnk he would have been jailed if he was a Liverpool player and the case was heard in Merseyside?
 
#10
syledis said:
Do you thnk he would have been jailed if he was a Liverpool player and the case was heard in Merseyside?
Not a chance. " Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client was mearly defending himself against this man whilst his mates gave him a sound thrashing".
Not gulty.
 
#11
Isn't this guy an immigrant like any other? He is a criminal (he has a rap sheet as long as your arm) who came over here to work and has abused the privilege. If he gets done for a violent crime like this surely he should be deported upon finishing his sentence? Why should a footballer be allowed grace and favour where a bricklayer would be sent packing? The guy's a scumbag - send him home.
 
#12
PoisonDwarf said:
Isn't this guy an immigrant like any other? He is a criminal (he has a rap sheet as long as your arm) who came over here to work and has abused the privilege. If he gets done for a violent crime like this surely he should be deported upon finishing his sentence? Why should a footballer be allowed grace and favour where a bricklayer would be sent packing? The guy's a scumbag - send him home.
King was born in Dulwich, Greater London.

Anyway, back on track, the guy is a skiplicking twat of the highest order. I for one, couldn't give a flick if he plays again.
 
#13
Night_Turn said:
syledis said:
Do you thnk he would have been jailed if he was a Liverpool player and the case was heard in Merseyside?
Not a chance. " Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client was mearly defending himself against this man whilst his mates gave him a sound thrashing".
Not gulty.
But surely in this case the "man" he was defending himself from was actually a wee woman who he was touching up! Then because she told the kunt to "fukk off" (or similar words), he goes and breaks her nose! Deserves everything he gets, and I would hope that he gets top billing in the prison show "How To Pick Up Your Soap In The Shower Block"! The rehearsals should be shown on Channel 5.
 
#14
Apparently one of his supporters shouted at the judge that the conviction was 'institutional racism'?!?!?! mistaken identity? My arse... I fully agree he should be deported at the end of his sentence, allow him to plough his trade in the World famous Jamaican league... :)

Was in the same club the other night as half of the Newcastle team, some of the lads were a good laugh and happy to pose for pics and chat to everyone... some of them just sauntered into the VIP area dragging along the fittest birds they could see and fobbing everyone else off with comments about how 'famous' they were etc etc ...a Championship club by the way...
 
#15
Championship club - Suadi Prince lifestyle. The only difference is the Saudi Princes money won't run out during his lifetime! :wink:
 
#16
If this man claims ''mistaken identity'',does this mean that the club was over run with ''mixed heritage'' types at the time?
 
#18
In May 2006, he was accused of approaching stranger Claudia Canadas near Leicester Square and slapping her bottom.

After she complained, he slapped her in the face.

When cops attended, he spat at her in the presence of the police.

The footballer admitting using threatening or abusive behaviour and was fined £300 plus costs of £55.



Player ... King in action

He was also ordered to pay compensation of £500 by Bow Street magistrates.

In June 2003 King was told to pay £1,600 in compensation, fines and costs at Bow Street after admitting two counts of common assault against women.

The court heard he had chased two females through Soho with a belt buckle wrapped around his fist.

One told police he had punched her in the face, causing cuts and swelling.

Five weeks after the incident, King's then solicitor Martin Lee told cops that he was unable to attend a police station appointment because he was at a residential drugs rehab clinic.

During this week's case King, whose other convictions include drink-driving and various motor offences, told the jury under oath he had never taken drugs.
Sounds like a right charmer....

He should be banned from professional football, for life. Idiots like him shouldn't be seen to be able to do as they please.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ed-for-attack-on-club-girl.html#ixzz0VRa5UGNS
 
#19
Don't get too excited. He'll be acquited on appeal after playing the black card and he'll be back on 35k a week.

This cnut needs a good slashing - I for one would love to see the nurses trying to stitch up his peeled face and I hope he gets his colon perforated so many times inside he could use it as a collander. And as for that stuck up bitch of a wife of his - nothing a facefull of prussic acid won't sort.
 
#20
Read a few days ago that his "mistaken identity" defence went out the window when one of the victims friends turned out to be an ex youth team player who was at Watford the same time as "Don't You know Who I am" King.
Hope he bumps into Mr BIG from B wing while bending over in the shower.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads