Pregnant woman dies after being set on fire

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Oct 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Police are treating the death as suspicious and were canvassing for witnesses in the quiet cul-de-sac this morning."

...No shit.

2. My thoughts exactly!! They're 4 weeks early for bonfire night.

3. Find the perp, take them out to a nice quiet place, tie up, 20litres of benz and put a lighter in their hand. Retreat to a safe distance to enjoy the show.

4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Close, but,being old-fashioned, I'd suggest adding the fun standby of attaching him by his scrotum securely to an immovable object, and giving him a bit of broken glass. He'd still probably die, but it'd be more fun for spectators, and the obligatory YouTube clip would be a salutory lesson to others.

5. You knew just by reading the headline that she was gonna be Asian . They have no imagination ..................... Living with a husband, mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law she may have had a blessed release. Poor lass.

EDITED to add: I suppose it's a double homicide ?

D_B

6. Is this what passes for a story these days? This is bad even for the Wail. No-one knows anything about anything that's going on. 'We thought she was an Asian lady...' snivelled one neighbour who thought she might heard someone say 5 men went in the house.

Dramatic Headline

Brief Description Of Events

Waffle a bit about what may have been going on without really giving any information out on anything...

7. Interesting because the Mail's headline may well not be correct. Nowhere in the article or anywhere else that I've seen up to now says that she was set on fire by someone else. That's an assumption by the Mail (though it clearly does happen).

Self-immolation is a known way of committing suicide amongst South Asian women and I don't think it's yet clear that it was committed by anyone else. It's hardly likely to be seen as non-suspicious whoever set light to her.

8. The weather has been setting in, perhaps she was feeling the chill.