Pregnant - when should I inform my TA unit?

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant... when should I inform my TA unit?
Is it best to wait till after the 12 week?

Also does anyone know how this will affect my training (I am AGC), as I'd still like to persue my TA "career" even after the baby is born.

Thanks for your help.

Pte W1234567

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
FFS!

Why do people feel the need to ask the most stupid questions on here? There was a time when people would have looked up information and thought about it for themselves. Now they just fire up their laptop and ask a bunch of random wierdos.

Think about it and then answer your own question.

I don't know what the DS answer is but I'd tell them sharpish as it would affect H&S especially with physical activity (said with PTI head on). I imagine a temporary medical downgrade is on the cards so that would cover that. The clerk at my last unit was pregnant and still done her bit till quite late if I remember correctly and she came back after.

Remember, telling your unit doesn't have to be a massive song and dance if you don't want it to. A quiet word in confidence with your OC should do the trick and he'll be in a position to advise you as to what you should do next.

Congratulations...............however you are in the very, very early stages of pregnancy and apart from those who you are very close to, I'd be inclined to say nothing until after 12 weeks.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant... when should I inform my TA unit?
Is it best to wait till after the 12 week?

Also does anyone know how this will affect my training (I am AGC), as I'd still like to persue my TA "career" even after the baby is born.

Thanks for your help.

Pte W1234567
5 minutes before, and instead of, your opening post on this thread.

Legs' post #3 is spot on.

From here on in, you've nobody to blame but yourself for what you get on this thread.

C

cloudbuster

Just drop the information casually into the conversation. I'm sure most of your male colleagues will take the news well.

[h=2]Pregnant - when should I inform my TA unit?
[/h]Should you at least try to narrow it down a bit?

Tell you CoC NOW. But don't spread it around too much. As mentioned above don't tell anyone till you're 12 weeks.

FFS!

Why do people feel the need to ask the most stupid questions on here? There was a time when people would have looked up information and thought about it for themselves. Now they just fire up their laptop and ask a bunch of random wierdos.

Think about it and then answer your own question.
I am sorry that you find my question stupid, I did search the forums on here for topics about pregnancy, I have googled it, and searched the army website but didn't really find an official answer.

I have thought about it and came to two conclusions... either inform someone in the CoC now, incase there are activities I should not be doing ... or wait till after 12 weeks when I should have seen the midwife and the risk of miscarriage after this point is lower. I just thought someone on here would know what the offical policy is, or at least where to find it.

If you know for sure that you are pregnant then you should inform the COC. Usually the 12 week point after the scan and confirmation from the midwife that you are indeed pregnant is when you would tell your employer but as the army is slightly different you may be asked to complete tasks or activities like strenuous Phys sessions or NBC MATTS in the gas chamber etc so you should let them know asap to avoid being put in a difficult position in the future.

Like previously said, I wouldnt make a big song and dance about it. It shouldnt affect your career as long as you return with the same level of commitment as you had before your pregnancy.