Pregnant American and hubby missing in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Dec 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. Well the womans father calls her naive, I go a step further and say that it was sheer stupidity that made them think it was a good idea to just go wandering around Afghanistan.

What is more curious is that no groups have been reported as taking responsibility for taking them. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been in a car crash or something similar.
  3. Not good news at all.

I wonder if they are missionaries who think they can travel unharmed? If they are, they have found out the hard way that they can't!

Still, I hope they do turn up unharmed.
  4. If she's half decent, she could get a job in the Blue.

The fit bird from the UK is back, and they've now got skimpy uniforms. A must see if you're bored in Bastion.
  5. The trail has gone dead? Well guess what... they've probably followed suit - and not in a nice way either.

6. Pictures.
  7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bloody hell, you're a humanitarian. I certainly don't wish them ill, but I think their plight is entirely self inflicted and cannot therefore summons up much sympathy.

My main hope is that they don't take anyone else down with them b

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  8. Darwin is off to a fast start this year.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. In a statement Princess Productions said that Afghan Wifeswap seemed a good idea at the time..
    • Like Like x 11
  10. [​IMG]
  11. Or working to the end of 2012
  12. Not them you muppet, I meant the fit bird from the Blue with the skimpy uniform.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I'm not sure that the last day of the year is a "fast start"

Unless you live in the far east.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I agree with you to be honest. I just don't see much point in sometimes stating the obvious particularly in hopeless cases.
  15. I think you are being a little harsh. Apparently the Christmas Shopping Trip to Beirut, the naked shark wrestling whilst covered in gravy and the Klu Klux Klan 5 a side football competition in Harlem were all fully booked so the Afghan gig was the only one they could get on a late deal. If only they had better foresight they could have only bought a single ticket and saved the cost of the (now superfluous) return trip.