• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Predictions for friday:

What do you think's going to happen on friday. Granted security will be high, but is any one expecting an other dose of home-grown extreemism? Peacfull protest/Rioting? Somthing small scale like a shooting, an other bombing? What sort of target's would you be paying attention to if you were in charge?

I call on the distinguished minds of arrse for their predictions.

(The undistinguished ones are allowed as well.)

T C

The_Cheat said:
What do you think's going to happen on friday. Granted security will be high, but is any one expecting an other dose of home-grown extreemism? Peacfull protest/Rioting? Somthing small scale like a shooting, an other bombing? What sort of target's would you be paying attention to if you were in charge?

T C
I don't think they'd be that brave to do it a year to the day.

The_Cheat said:

T C
On Friday I will be sending a bunch of flowers to my secretary, who was on the train when the bomb exploded and she arrived at the office smoke-blackened and in shock, unable to even speak. She has not taken a day off work due to her experience and she is a star.

I predict that there will not be Muslims marching in the street carrying banners saying "not in my name".

I would be extremely pleasantly surprised if there were, however.

B

Biscuits_AB

Crusader said:
The_Cheat said:

T C
On Friday I will be sending a bunch of flowers to my secretary, who was on the train when the bomb exploded and she arrived at the office smoke-blackened and in shock, unable to even speak. She has not taken a day off work due to her experience and she is a star.
She sounds like one. Good on her.

I predict that nothing will happen, except for:

- politicians shedding crocodile tears and manipulating public emotion
- the Dear Leader will say something in public (see above) and will deny Iraq had anything to do with it
- some Diana-type ostentatious and deliberate public outpourings of grief
- office Nazis (you know the type) insisting that everyone is silent
- survivors and families of the dead carrying on with dignity
- troops will be risking their necks in Afghanistan and Iraq
- MPs will be knocking off early to fill in their expenses
- Reid will be claiming that an inquiry will "divert resources" and that there is no need to pay out further compensation
- the police and security services will be trying to stop future attacks, possibly with inadequate resources, because errors have been brushed under the carpet

Latest Threads