Pre-US election attack fears: Yanks flee. US castrated by Obama

An utter display of cowardice that would make a Frenchman proud! More Al Qaeda pre-US election attacks forecast: Americans quietly lifted out
Instead of confrontation, the Obama administration has opted for retreat. debkafile’s exclusive sources report that an administration team has hurriedly put together a list of 20 endangered countries where US diplomatic, military and economic may be targeted for al Qaeda attack. The list is prioritized according to the level of risk and US security capability for protection. The highest-risk locations have been quietly evacuated – either to the US or West European countries - leaving only a skeleton staff behind for emergencies. A senior American source told DEBKAfle Tuesday that Tunisia, Libya, Mali, Nigeria and Egypt have been virtually denuded of a US presence. Middle East intelligence observers have told debkafile that they don’t recall US diplomatic military and intelligence personnel, businessmen and technical staff with their families being withdrawn from the region on this scale or at comparable speed.

The State Department has done a thorough risk assessment in the light of recent events.

They have taken precautionary measures just in case.

Where is the story?

Oh, yes that's it! The Republicans are getting desperate and are trying anything to discredit O'Bama. His record should do the job on its own but the redneck tendency can't get their shit in a sock!

I think it is more likely to be fears of attack after whatever happens to the Iranian nuclear program, rather than anything to do with elections.

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
Seems eminently sensible to me. Ship out those who are as useful as tits on a fish - which considering it is a Government Department will be a lot of them. Fill their accommodation with canned goods and ammo and prepare for Rourkes Drift II.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
So...you reckon that BAOR's plan to evacuate dependents in the event of a ramp up to war with the Warsaw Pact was the work of cowards? Or a sensible decision to ensure that the concern for family didn't distract the people who needed to be there?
I really do not know how you can compare a war with the Warsaw pact with a low possibility of a terrorist attack, thats just ridiculous.

I really do not know how you can compare a war with the Warsaw pact with a low possibility of a terrorist attack, thats just ridiculous.
Oh?

I seem to recall the big bogeyman was Spetnaz and other naughty boys carrying out attacks on infrastructure and accommodation/0ffices etc

Oh?

I seem to recall the big bogeyman was Spetnaz and other naughty boys carrying out attacks on infrastructure and accommodation/0ffices etc
Well, the IRA did a little playing there as well, but there wasn't an all out evacuation of all the families was there? Bouillabase seems to be comparing an all out war with the evacuation of families to some potential terrorist attacks.

This thread has possibly the most tear streaked and hysterical title ever on ARRSE.

Well, the IRA did a little playing there as well, but there wasn't an all out evacuation of all the families was there? Bouillabase seems to be comparing an all out war with the evacuation of families to some potential terrorist attacks.
IRA may have been a bit bastards but driving a one ton suicide truck bomb into the MQ's was not really their MO, was it?

And of course the UK has never reduced diplomatic posts in various flashpoints to minimum numbers ...

I suppose much better you have dips' families killed, held hostage, etc. That'll show the ragheads. Hell yeah!

This thread has possibly the most tear streaked and hysterical title ever on ARRSE.
In some peoples' minds it is only 6 weeks until the lefty, liberal, fluffy, closet-muslim gets back into power and starts destroying their country with healthcare, handouts and other commie ideas. Even worse he may even take their guns off them, make homosexuality compulsory and give Alaska back to the Ruskies

No wonder they are getting hysterical

maybe its also better to have no one home when a certain middle eastern country strikes another's allegedly multi-purpose power plant, and that said country retaliates at the nearest US presence around.

In some peoples' minds it is only 6 weeks until the lefty, liberal, fluffy, closet-muslim gets back into power and starts destroying their country with healthcare, handouts and other commie ideas. Even worse he may even take their guns off them, make homosexuality compulsory and give Alaska back to the Ruskies

No wonder they are getting hysterical
Not only that, he may get uppity and sit at the front of the bus!

IRA may have been a bit bastards but driving a one ton suicide truck bomb into the MQ's was not really their MO, was it?
No, but I think you miss the point. The comparison was all out war with the Warsaw pact to some terrorist attacks that may or may not happen. One would have imagined that if there was a war with the Warsaw pact, there would have been a bit more damage then caused by a one ton suicide truck bomb.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
More I'm making a point about forward planning. And is it a low possibility? There's not one place on the list of countries that I'd take my family to.

More I'm making a point about forward planning. And is it a low possibility? There's not one place on the list of countries that I'd take my family to.
Well, I wouldn't take my family to a lot of places in the world, such as Kosovo, Albania and particularly the Middle East/ Aisia, mainly because they are shitholes. I am not mocking them for pulling out, but I don't think comparing it to a war with the Warsaw pact with this is that apt. War with the warsaw pact was an ever present threat, yet families were quite happy to be in Germany.