Pre Selection Briefing

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by mjmac, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everybody,
    I have me PSB on Friday, anybody who has been through the process could you tell me what your experience was like, and any tips that i should know would be much appreciated!

2. Here's a tip for you- use the search function.

3. I have looked through the sites several times, I just wondered if someone would be so kind as to give me there experiences, without having to look through all the posts

4. good laugh + easy, think it's abit more laidback than selection... is find out tomorrow.

5. Right.. Seeing as your search function is not working correctly. I supose I'll tell you about it.

When I did it (A few weeks ago) After we got picked up from the train-station, we went through a lot of waiting before we did our icebreaker! The icebreaker isn't that bad! Just be confident, speak clearly and DON'T SWEAR! Remember everyone is in the same boat.

Next a lady from the RMP took over us and went through all the equipment in her webbing and bergan. She kept on testing us during it because she didn't want to look like an idiot. Again this is relatively easy, JUST LISTEN and you'll be fine.

Next was the Jerry can carry. All but one boy and one girl failed to complete this, so I need not say anymore. Then there was the team tasks. Which aslong as you listen, take part and be vocal, there will be no reason why you shouldn't do well at this.

Next was the run! Just don't for god sakes don't walk during any part of it! If you've exercised beforehand then you should be fine, but if not, then trust me this will give you a kick up the backside to do so!

Lastly, after the run we had a test which was to remember 10 things in a bergan and webbing. Most people had no issues with this.

After pre-selection, you should get a phone call from your Sergeant telling you how you've done. In some cases if they believe you're not ready they will book you on another pre-selection day in a months time or so. Or if you've done well, then you'll be moved onto the next stage. Interview two.

Hope this has been helpful!

6. Thanks for the info, where did you do your PSB?

7. Would you like spam with that?

8. St George Barracks, Bicester.

9. I'm going to north luffenham. What was your run time? What reg are you going for?

10. So you wanted other people to do the work for you? Sounds promising.

11. No I don't want everyone to do the work for me, just asking for opinions for a specific area that is all.
    What is the issue in doing this?

12. I put the 'issue' in big bold letters. I'll do it again but make sure you're paying attention this time;

without having to look through all the posts

Sounds like you know where to find the information you're looking for, but you're just too lazy to read through it and click next.

13. This is what this site is for remember, to find answers to questions that potential recruits have,
    So no I'm not lazy, just wanted to know the answer to the specific question I posed originally!

14. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Because it gets asked a million times and has been answered a million times in one of the stickies or umpteen other threads which is also why yours is in the ARRSE Hole. Use the search function, that's what it's there for.

15. Shit! I thought that was what the AFCO's and you're personal recruiter were there for. Thanks for clearing that up.