Pre RMAS course

Discussion in 'Officers' started by jepprob87, Dec 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just got the letter through from AOSB I've passed but have to go on the pre RMAS couse at ASE. Any one been on it whats it like?

2. look in the sandhurst thread you noshbag!

3. Prams is the best course. just finished in november off to sandhurst in a week. prams is more of a culture camp. lots of current affairs, groups discussions maths,english, public speaking,acting, stand up comedy. but the best bits are the trips to london and paris you visit all the major museums and art galleries in london and you get paid 140 pounds a week.

friday nights in savannahs followed by Southern fried chicken awesome. piece of advice make friends on the pods course as being stuck with certain people for ten weeks is testing.

plus your DS are the two happiest people alive if you get Stokes and GC. don't be annoyed that you have been sent on the special course you will love it and if you don't you are doing it wrong.

i wish i was going back to winchester for another three months of fannying around...

4. That sounds more like a jolly than a course...any extra spaces? I'm feeling bored.

5. While I agree it sounds like good fun, the pay is hardly a come-on!

FF.

6. Well done for passing. Not so well done for being a bit of a thickie, and telling 22,000 ARRSE users. Sometimes it's best to keep quiet.

7. Now I'm guessing here but did you do any English on the course? You seem to have missed the lesson on use of capitals and proper nouns.

The fact that you gauge a ten week course by some chicken after a piss-up will be gratifying to the troops you will be leading in a year's time. Good luck.

8. mr logic there is always one isn't there. can't you read? if you look at my post you will see i mention that you do english but lets not let that get in the way of your excitement of correcting posts for grammar. funnily enough there is alot on grammar and english but they didn't cover writing on forum boards on a discussion website. i'll send them a badly written and grammaticaly incorrect e-mail about the gaping hole in the syllabus.

9. mr logic there is always one isn't there. can't you read? if you look at my post you will see i mention that you do english but lets not let that get in the way of your excitement of correcting posts for grammar. funnily enough there is alot on grammar and english but they didn't cover writing on forum boards on a discussion website. i'll send them a badly written and grammaticaly incorrect e-mail about the gaping hole in the syllabus.
    also i forgot to mention you are getting paid 220 week but the hold a third back each week and give it to you at the end. 140 pounds to piss up a wall and spend in London, Paris and mighty Winchester isn't that bad a way to spend ten weeks.

10. Dear Braindrain

You are right, there is always one isn't there. However, I am thinking there is one standard we should aspire to and that is to strive for excellence in everything we do. People judge you by the manner in which you write. I did start reading your post but couldn't see past the poor English, so your message was lost. Ask a grown-up to for a copy of JSP 101 and read the introduction. As preparation for RMAS, why don't you re-write you post in decent English.

I am not normally so pompous this early in the year but I have a hangover that would kill a civvy and, quite frankly, you are easy sport. You are a nig and have demonstrated quite clearly why you were sent on that course. Out of interest, you would't be so bold as to reveal what part of the Army you aspire to join, would you?

Love and hugs

Mr_Logic's evil twin

11. paintrain- You seen any of our back pay yet?

Good advice on the PODS, they made the course a lot more fun. Especialy when it came to the banter about certain VD syndrome.

You remeber the gypsys in Paris with their multi lingual laminated begging cards?