PRE-RMAS Course

Hi, just looking for some advice on the PRE-RMAS course at Worthy Down barracks. I'm due to start the course soon, however i have been having problems with a minor ankle injury.
Looking to see if anyone knows if you can fail the course if you pick up an injury during the course? Considering it's an educational course.

Do they just chuck you out if you need to go to medical or would they try and fix you during the course ahead of heading to RMAS?

Have you got contact details for the Course? If so I would email them to ask what is best to do.

Are you doing this post AOSB Main Board rather than as part of PODS?

You can't "fail" Pre RMAS for an injury. But you can be removed by the staff there from the next RMAS course until you are fully fit to attend it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

It isn't a phys course - if your injury is minor i.e. it will heal by itself before you are due to commence the pre-RMAS course, then I can't see it being a problem. If you are undergoing physio or might not be able to walk during PRAMS, then I would speak to the course admin.

Have you got contact details for the Course? If so I would email them to ask what is best to do.

Are you doing this post AOSB Main Board rather than as part of PODS?

You can't "fail" Pre RMAS for an injury. But you can be removed by the staff there from the next RMAS course until you are fully fit to attend it.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm doing this post Main Board which I passed last year. I'm a civilian at the moment.

So from your understanding you can still pass the course but will just be delayed to start RMAS?

Yes.
Your best bet is to let the course know about any niggles ASAP in case they want you to undergo physio before you start.

Hi, just looking for some advice on the PRE-RMAS course at Worthy Down barracks. I'm due to start the course soon, however i have been having problems with a minor ankle injury.
Looking to see if anyone knows if you can fail the course if you pick up an injury during the course? Considering it's an educational course.

Do they just chuck you out if you need to go to medical or would they try and fix you during the course ahead of heading to RMAS?
If it’s minor then there shouldn’t be a problem. Declare it when you start, do not try to hide it as there is a reasonable amount of Phys on the course and there are exercises on places like Dartmoor. You should have access to physio during the course if required.

If it’s minor then there shouldn’t be a problem. Declare it when you start, do not try to hide it as there is a reasonable amount of Phys on the course and there are exercises on places like Dartmoor. You should have access to physio during the course if required.
Perfect, thank you for your advice

Latest Threads