Pre-Recruit Selection Training Day?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by skin89, May 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I am currently in the later stages of the application process, and have an interview on the 16th.

However I today recieved a letter inviting me on a "Pre-Recruit Selection Training Day" on the 22nd, can anyone shed some light on what this is?

Thanks a lot :D
  2. i believe it shows you whether or not they think you are ready for selection.
  3. That's what I thought but wasn't too sure and no-one seemed to quite know what it was, even my old man who's in the RRW :p

Thankyou for the reply mate
  4. I did this the other day.
    I went to Nuneaton, a Sgt talked to us about what was gonna happen etc.
    we did jerry can walk, heaves, mile 1/2 run, team tasks, icebreaker.

hope this helps.
  5. Is everyone doing this pre-selection thingy now or is it a select few ACIO/AFCO'S?
  6. select few buddy. just down to them to organise etc. NOT everyone.
  7. My son did this to at chilwell.

2 weeks later it was 2 day selection,3 weeks after that he started basic.
  8. Jeez taboo that is pretty fast from selection to basic huh?!
  9. Yeah I've heard that it can be quite a speedy process!
  10. I hope I get fast like that too really, my recruiter said "If things go as they should you'll be looking at around September". I'd like to be in July/August, considering all I've got left is my interview then ADSC.

Some are very fast, some are very slow. I dunno.
  11. Yes was very quick!It would have been quicker to if he had been able to make the 1st selection date.He went for selection on april 21st,recieved a call on the 23rd to say start basic on the 12th of may.
  12. Hi, just thought I'd clarify exactly what the day entails as I have just been on it.

It's basically a couple of hours to decide whether or not they are going to send you to ADSC.

Activities undertaken were (in order) ;

1.5 mile run best effort (with warmup)
    2 minutes of press-ups best effort
    2 minutes of sit-ups best effort
    Jerry can test 150metres

You can pass or fail both on the run and jerry can tests. If you fail on either then you have to go back the next month and continue with the application then. Otherwise, it's back to the careers office for an interview and predicted date for ADSC.

I passed, btw =]
  13. I wish my careers office had one going. Thats all I have to say :eek: Night