Pre PLCE

REMEbrat said:
My webbing was '58, belt, yoke, poncho holder, L&R ammo with 3x waterbottle pouches.

Go '58!
Same here although we invariably had a respirator too. Sometimes used a second poncho roll or carried it on top of the rear pouches.

Bought a set of Arktis gear later and left before PLCE got issued - around 1992.

ammo pouches left and right, and as many water bottle pouches squeezed on as possible, hated those kidney pouches, far too bulky. Oh and poncho roll hung under the bottle pouches. Only thing i hated about the '58 was when it got wet....

Ammo pouches left and right, one water bottle holding heaven forbid a water bottle and metal mug, 3 other water bottle pouches and a ressy case complete with face welly and finally two poncho rolls one with NBC suit other with aussie basha sheet.........58 patern superb :thumright:

Being a bit of a bloater;
ammo left + right
1 1/2 sets of kidney pouche
water bottle
2 x poncho roll [1 for nbc kit]
all stuffed with lots of mars bars and dextrose tablets.

Still wear my webbing belt with CS95 rig.. :wink:

A look down memory lane, and why was the "Large Pack" so called.. :?
You could never get anything in the bloody thing.. :roll:

Attachments

Most of our platoon never used the steak'n'kidney pouches. We used to sew up an array of water-bottle pouches instead. It gave a nice comfortable set that kept together. The smaller pouches were big enough to keep related things together, like first aid kit, rations, weapon cleaning kit etc and it worked really well. I got a rollbelt and got the tailoress to sew it and the 58 pattern belt together, so I could fasten the pouches on as normal but could tighten/loosen the whole rig quickly.

After being so used to it, putting PLCE together for Gulf 1 was like a bloody mensa test.

Roll pin belt, left and right ammo pouch, water bottle pouches (lots of), respirator / nutty pouch, poncho roll underneath for nbc kit and one on top for poncho all with a hippo pad for that little extra touch of comfort.

we didnt get plce until 1994 (unless you went on tour) because our CO preferred 58 pattern and didnt like these new fangled things.(he also made us wear scrim scarves as part of Regt dress!)

warrior8234mkIIIA2 said:
we didnt get plce until 1994 (unless you went on tour) because our CO preferred 58 pattern and didnt like these new fangled things.(he also made us wear scrim scarves as part of Regt dress!)
Tradtastic!

Roll-pin belt, left and right ammo pouches, two septic alice w/b pouches and three 58 w/b pouches at the rear sewn together. Resi case always carried on its own strap (and I must have been the only person to ever have used the securing string!). Noddy suit, poncho et al in Arktis daysack, hippo pad for comfort. Sortit!

PLCE might have needed a degree to work out, but when the first time I got it I thought it head and shoulders above 58, especially when we got the chance to pimp it.

in 1963 was issued with 37 pattern webbing, and kept it until 1980
when in 1980, I had a kit check, QM went mad!!!!!!!!