Pre-Basic Training PT Course

Firstly guys, I'd like to apolgise for forgetting the name of this course (again).

Anyway, I managed to pass selection and get offered a place in the Infantry, only problem was I completed my run in 10.55. I was told in my interview he was going to reccomend me for this PT thing before basic. I'll admit I was a little ashamed being only 19 years old and not doing it in the required time, but I was also relieved to have passed selection. So I kept my head down.

I was just wondering what exactly this course was all about. I know it'll be pure fitness, but do I get my uniformed issued here? Will there be many on this course? Will I just fold into the training when the rest of the basic guys show up?

Sorry for the long read guys, and any information/links are appreciated.

:)

It is called the soldiers pre-conditioning course also known as Fox platoon and 2 very good freinds of mine are in charge of the PT for it. Both are civvies 1 is ex 1 para and the other is ex Raf Regt.

It consists of 2 PT sessions a day whether it be running, circuits, spinning or swimming and they also get the unique opprtunity to heve a go at the trainasium and are the only recruits outside of Para Reg to do this.

And they usually have an awesomely good looking bloke as the demo man on the trainasium :p

Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
It is called the soldiers pre-conditioning course also known as Fox platoon and 2 very good freinds of mine are in charge of the PT for it. Both are civvies 1 is ex 1 para and the other is ex Raf Regt.

It consists of 2 PT sessions a day whether it be running, circuits, spinning or swimming and they also get the unique opprtunity to heve a go at the trainasium and are the only recruits outside of Para Reg to do this.

And they usually have an awesomely good looking bloke as the demo man on the trainasium :p
By any chance, is this you old boy?

RP578,

Thanks for that info mate I just gave it a good read. It does sound like a good course and after all it's those guys that know best. I didn't even know you got payed to do it, so that's a bonus I guess.

Thanks again. :)

Latest Threads