Pre-Basic Training PT Course

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by cherrycoke, May 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly guys, I'd like to apolgise for forgetting the name of this course (again).

Anyway, I managed to pass selection and get offered a place in the Infantry, only problem was I completed my run in 10.55. I was told in my interview he was going to reccomend me for this PT thing before basic. I'll admit I was a little ashamed being only 19 years old and not doing it in the required time, but I was also relieved to have passed selection. So I kept my head down.

I was just wondering what exactly this course was all about. I know it'll be pure fitness, but do I get my uniformed issued here? Will there be many on this course? Will I just fold into the training when the rest of the basic guys show up?

Sorry for the long read guys, and any information/links are appreciated.

2. It is called the soldiers pre-conditioning course also known as Fox platoon and 2 very good freinds of mine are in charge of the PT for it. Both are civvies 1 is ex 1 para and the other is ex Raf Regt.

It consists of 2 PT sessions a day whether it be running, circuits, spinning or swimming and they also get the unique opprtunity to heve a go at the trainasium and are the only recruits outside of Para Reg to do this.

And they usually have an awesomely good looking bloke as the demo man on the trainasium :p
  3. By any chance, is this you old boy?
  4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It's just had a write up in this month's Soldier Magazine:
    Soldier Mag: Fit To Fight

Sounds like a good course, all the best with it mate!
  5. RP578,

Thanks for that info mate I just gave it a good read. It does sound like a good course and after all it's those guys that know best. I didn't even know you got payed to do it, so that's a bonus I guess.

Thanks again. :)