PRB discipline problems spreading.

the problem is, the people at the top beleive the discipline problems lie in the Sgt's mess. not a view i share. i believe it lies in JNCOs, but, of course, they take their direction from the WOs/Sgts Mess

The problem does lie with JNCO's. Several factors contribute to this:

a. Promoting soldiers to acting L/Cpl before they have done an MPC, proved their leadership qualities and learnt how to discipline other soldiers.

b. Not giving the JNCO's the responsibility and the backing when they wish to discpline other soldiers.

c. Allowing JNCO's (especially ACTING L/Cpls) to think they can carry on being all Pte soldiers' best mate. They're not, they're JNCO's and need to remember that!

As for issues about cultural differences. It's easy, soldier does something wrong they get charged. Regardless of what their origins are. That goes across the board - the Army is an equal opportunities employer and everyone has an equal chance to be charged if they c0ck up!

Goon I agree, however some of the blame has to lie with the Seniors. (yes I am one). However Seniors also need the backing from above, to keep discipline issues in line! Likewise Seniors should back their JNCO's.

Part of the problem is everyone blaming everyone else (see above). Offrs/SNCO’s/JNCO’s and senior Pte’s all shoulder responsibility.

VALUES & STANDARDS and MORAL COURAGE:

Courage to not let soldiers walk past litter.
Courage to challenge soldiers who are “Larging it” even if they are in another unit.
Courage to insist on acknowledgement of your own existence.

In summary a willingness to do the proper thing as your rank expects (take the money, take the responsibility). And not to take the easy option for an easy life.

Consider the last time you saw something wrong, walked/drove away shaking your head and moaned about it later to all who would listen. What action did you take?

Look at the barracks across town, looks & feels like a military establishment. Single unit occupancy, yes, still has diversity of soldiers.

Making sure all the vehicles have the correct dayglow orange stickers in the windscreen, does not make an efficient well disciplined unit.

Ranting again – must take my heart pills quick.

I have heard a lot of talk around the army saying discipline is slacker due to society being more soft,human rights etc.The simple fact is we should never have been put in this situation in the first place.We are too pc now,simple as that.For example,i was in an SQMS in a certain sqn in prb where black bags were refuse sacks,black nasty was simply tape.I kid you not!Whilst i agree racism or assault is wrong,why do we have to be so bloody pc?(or are certain individuals in positions of power misiterpreting the guidelines?)

It would appear the Army is changing to suit society rather than The Army changing people to suit the Army What ever happened to break them down and remould them into what we need to do the job???

MSI64 said:
It would appear the Army is changing to suit society rather than The Army changing people to suit the Army What ever happened to break them down and remould them into what we need to do the job???
Spot on MSI64. The JNCO's, SNCO's and WO's can not be blamed. Politico's and the Top Brass Lords in waiting should look no further than their own policies on Standards and Training. Bring back good old fashioned training methods that served the Armed Forces well. An Armed Force is not PC and the way you train it can't be PC.

These people who scream about freedom of speech and having a free society, When will they realize that it was the tough aggressive No nonsense training that produced the people who give them the right to gob off and do whatever they like. They will be the first to complain if we find we are no longer capable of defending them!

CAARPS said:
Ah PRB, where does the rant start:

Yes I am a dinosaur, yes I probably have no connection with the modern world and yes I have probably ranted for far to long.

Breath deeply, In with the good, out with the bad and relax.
I won't qoute the whole post, you can scroll back and read it in all its glory. However CAARPS is absolutely spot on, 100%.

Personally I've done orderly officer there, once straight out of the factory, then 4 years later. The change was quite astonishing, appaling and
The whole ghetto comment is bang on. lads out the front of the blocks in mixed dress, getting pissed up outside the block at 4pm on a Friday. You report them to the relevant Regt..and guess what. And all three Log Regts are as bad as each other. Some are just better at concealing it from Bde HQ. Guess which one.

OC and I caught a pissed soldier, urinating in the middle of the road, 0715hrs on a thursday morning.
Whats your name? Pte smith sir...,
where's your ID card? I haven't got it with me sir whilst he struggled to maintain his equilibrium.
The OC in question being:
a. An LE,
b. one of the best blokes I have ever had the honour/pleasure to work for (and a lot of reg Offrs could learn a lot about honesty, integrity and leadership from him), promptly took said ******** to the guard room. And ensured the appropriate RSM came to collect him!!

As for no uniform in the NAAFI, told them to ram it. I went in, oh and guess what, when I did, the Ord Sgt and I recovered drugs!!!!
and it was being carried by a dependant (wife)!!!
I got quite pissed off with gripping people for not wearing uniform properly, (e.g. mixed uniform in the pads NAFFI). Not saluting, etc, etc, becuase it would take me an extra 10 minutes to cross the carpark!!!

It needs a proper Garrison Sgt Maj, may I suggest one from the footguards. And extra spines to be issued where needed!!!!

Its bad enough it happening in the first place but now that pile of s***e newspaper has gone and reported a pack of lies again.

REPORTERS DISGUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes you laff at the shite they report, especially when you know the facts to be so different than their utter drivvel

the s** is a rag and how any soldier can read it beggars belief.one minute they praise squaddies(e.g day one of iraq invasion)the next they print everything they hear about the forces(usually wrong/ill informed).what annoys me is soldier mag gave an interview to one of their "reporters" a few issues back!they are leeches feeding off the mistakes of a few morons as usual.
as for the t***pot(s) who did this to the tom in question,field punishment no 1 looks good..............

ps sorry,been reading a ww1 book on the british army!

Baldrick66 said:
Hang on...........................

Thought this was the reason for the RMP moving to PRB? They are of course the last resort as the unit seniors should be sorting the problems at source!
Just a point about this post though..............apart from the sick lame and lazy, a few biffs and a mean mad SSM acting up. I was under the impression 2LSR are currently playing in the sand? So maybe the finger pointing should go all to 1LSR and 6 Regt?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :twisted:
The RMP have moved to PRB to assist the Bde in ops not to increase the day to day policing of the Garrison.

extankie said:
The RMP have moved to PRB to assist the Bde in ops not to increase the day to day policing of the Garrison.
bit of both actually - hence the article on the front of the SS about community policing. i think that was the hint!

goon_bde said:
extankie said:
bit of both actually - hence the article on the front of the SS about community policing. i think that was the hint!
I stand corrected.

The RMPs need to be patrolling the camp around kicking out time (or is it just kicking time?).

Not sure if they do but, a full compliment of RMPs shoud be on shift at night to deal with the trouble that kicks off after hours.

I get the impression after being on numerous duties at PRB that they only have a token staff on at night and they have to cover the whole garrison (B/feld,H/ford, S/lager).

A guard force is imho only there to guard the camp against camp security issues, not drunken yobbish behaviour.

It's not moreM RMPyou need in prb,its a S.W.A.T team!

Seriously though,any RMP out there with an opinion on this subject?

jonny_bored_bollox said:
The RMPs need to be patrolling the camp around kicking out time (or is it just kicking time?).

Not sure if they do but, a full compliment of RMPs shoud be on shift at night to deal with the trouble that kicks off after hours.

I get the impression after being on numerous duties at PRB that they only have a token staff on at night and they have to cover the whole garrison (B/feld,H/ford, S/lager).

A guard force is imho only there to guard the camp against camp security issues, not drunken yobbish behaviour.

114 Pro Coy ( Formaly Gutersloh Det 110 Pro Coy RMP), will be upto full strength by April ish, and will have full patrol capabilities then, and should mount extra patrols at key points, ie "Millionaires weekend".