Praise for the NHS

Would your childhood injury have gone untreated in any other western nation? Do you think that if you had the same accident in Germany or the Netherlands or Switzerland for example, they would have just brushed you onto the street to kark it?

I'm anti NHS and I'll remain so
But you still use it.

Would your childhood injury have gone untreated in any other western nation? Do you think that if you had the same accident in Germany or the Netherlands or Switzerland for example, they would have just brushed you onto the street to kark it?

What will you do if (god forbid) you collapse, are injured in an RTA, etc and an NHS ambulance rocks up; have them sent away because you don't like the NHS?

Yokel

LE

Hopefully it would have been treated but that was not my point. Nobody wants to be ill, so claiming it exists mainly for the undeserving. What are they meant to do with the obese and drug/alcohol abusers - turn them away?

As I have said I would like to see more resources being put into preventative medicine, also rehabilitation. People think their health is something to not think about it something goes wrong. and then they think the GP/hospital/ etc can fix it and get you back to 100% quickly.

What does that have to do with the fact that it's shit? I have no other choice where I live, it's NHS or nothing.

People worship it like a God. It's farcical.

So are we to assume that where you say it's the NHS or nothing where you live you choose nothing because you're, supposedly, anti NHS? what happened, did they turn you away with a trivial matter and you've never got over the fact they didn't know how important you think you are?

It's staffed by retards and relied upon by the terminally fat, drug addled and drink addicted. If it were up to me I'd put the whole lot in the bin and make GPs do something useful, like pick fruit or clean drains outside Chinese restaurants.
Excellent.
When your time of mortal danger comes (inevitably) "body swerve" ;) the whole lot of 'em, short cut the system, and call for this "ambulance" instead. It'll avoid a whole load of shouty A&E, and you will find peace at last.
As will many others around you.
1575376112193.png

Many thanks.

DTBA

Old-Salt
So are we to assume that where you say it's the NHS or nothing where you live you choose nothing because you're, supposedly, anti NHS? what happened, did they turn you away with a trivial matter and you've never got over the fact they didn't know how important you think you are?
I don't see why it should be the worlds largest employer. I don't see why we spend hundreds of billions of taxpayers money on it, yet still have an unhealthy population. I don't understand why working for it makes someone virtuous, or beyond criticism. I can't grasp why many of its staff lack a suitable level of English. It's a waste of money and as someone who works for a living I'd be better off with a different type of healthcare system. If it worked well it would be copied elsewhere, which it isn't.

You should invest in some mini whiteboards to draw sad faces and write angry messages on, like your heroic doctors and nurses do every time they are after another funding raise.

I don't see why it should be the worlds largest employer. I don't see why we spend hundreds of billions of taxpayers money on it, yet still have an unhealthy population. I don't understand why working for it makes someone virtuous, or beyond criticism. I can't grasp why many of its staff lack a suitable level of English. It's a waste of money and as someone who works for a living I'd be better off with a different type of healthcare system. If it worked well it would be copied elsewhere, which it isn't.

You should invest in some mini whiteboards to draw sad faces and write angry messages on, like your heroic doctors and nurses do every time they are after another funding raise.
Seriously without the NHS, how could virtue signalling lefties automatically win an argument on Question Time by simply starting a question with "I work for the NHS"

The world would fall apart without hearing those magic words every week

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I have rarely had to make use of the NHS, but when i broke my wrist earlier this year, i cant say i had many major issues. Into A&E that evening, seen and reset within a couple of hours. Phone call the next morning to tell me i needed surgery, then daily calls to advise if i was coming in the next day.
It took a week to go back in, but that was due to a lack of beds (old folks kept breaking their hips it seems). Had a plate fitted under local anaesthetic (feeling your skeleton vibrate as they drill the screws in was weird...) and was out the same day. They did a brilliant job and i am now back at 90% ability in my wrist which is pretty good considering it was a v nasty break

DTBA

Old-Salt
But you still use it.
There's loads of stuff I use and pay for that I don't like. Motorways, the council, Yorkshire Water, my car insurance. The big difference is that the guy from the Department of Transport doesn't go on the television every week to wail and cry about the whole thing being days from collapse. If I have a conversation with my car insurer I can rely on him speaking English to a good level.

It's 150 billion quid of SJW nonsense.

Endoscope

Clanker
Far too many non clinical staff at nearly half imho....

Today's figures show that at 30 September 2019, for staff working for NHS Trusts and CCGs6,7 there were 1.05 million staff compared to 1.04 million at the same point in 2018. Of these staff:

The number of professionally qualified clinical staff8 (excluding GPs)was 569,000 FTE, an increase of 1.3 per cent (7,470) since 2018

Bet you don't have many friends with an attitude like you display.

It works well for acute stuff. It has to, because the patient who hitherto was in good health now needs immediate treatment. They get it, and so their perception is that all is well.

It works less well for chronic stuff. Poor funding, poor staff levels, inadequate, dirty facilities. A healthcare system of last resort.

My mother fell and broke her hip the other week. Required a joint replacement op. In/out in 5 days, all good. Her other (chronic) health issues, not so much.

I can't thank the NHS enough, I was born with severe club feet and back in the 60's a kid in my predicament was looking at a bleak outlook. Luckily I was sorted out by a brilliant consultant at Pembury hospital, this helped me have a normal life and serve 12 years in the Army. In recent years my Deafness has been treated brilliantly at Addenbrookes along with a severe broken wrist.

All of these would have either bankrupted my parents, or left me severely crippled as a child or more recently severely skint or unable to hear at all.

Despite the way the service is run at top level, the Doctors, Nurses and other personnel are brilliant and I think t is something we as a nation should be proud of...for those kncking it go be ill in the go old USofA and see how long you last.

DTBA

Old-Salt
Bet you don't have many friends with an attitude like you display.
That's entirely down to them, and their business. Nothing to do with me what they think of it, and they're as free as I am to think and say what they want about it.

I, personally, think it's a monumental waste of money. If that makes people upset then so be it

Not enough people say thank you, usually the twats left in the waiting room with a cough, or flu
symptoms, who, apart from spreading their bugs around people who could actually be at risk, get pissed off having to wait to see a doc, rather than isolate themselves and use over the counter remedies
Ask anyone who had made a serious visit, as I have on occasion, via the back of an ambulance, due to heart condition, yes, I have been left in the corridor on a stretcher, but always with a health professional be it a trainee nurse, or the ambulance staff... I have always been grateful of the service they have provided,
When it did come to the times I needed treatment, stents and the aortic valve replacement, the ward staff, theatre staff, everyone from the lowest paid cleaner auxiliary, to the consultant surgeons were superb,
I have made a point of sending a personal letter of thanks to the AE and treatment team at Addenbrooks after my hand was injured back in September. It is , after all purely courtesy.

What does that have to do with the fact that it's shit? I have no other choice where I live, it's NHS or nothing.

People worship it like a God. It's farcical.
Just be thankful you've got it. Though I take your point. It's normally the way that departments work that's key and the goodwill despite the brickbats they have to deal with.

I can vouch for the fact that in Germany the treatment would have been there. it's just differently the same.

I have made a point of sending a personal letter of thanks to the AE and treatment team at Addenbrooks after my hand was injured back in September. It is , after all purely courtesy.
Did you write it using the hand they had repaired? :)

Diko

Clanker
Retniopothy picked up an abnormality in my right eye, four weeks later told to attend pre op clinic at 15.10 Saturday afternoon. Cateract op booked January 8th for my new lens.

Latest Threads