Prairie Thunder Cancelled??

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Suedehead, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been hearing a lot of rumours that at least one of the prairie thunders has been sh1tcanned...can anyone confirm which ones/why theyve been cancelled?

2. Rumour of the why around local barracks is that Alberta has had a huge amount of snow this winter.

3. Arctic training then?

4. Hope they don't scrap it. The weather and landscape makes it ideal for afghan training, and Edmonton is an awesome night on the piss.

5. We were told instead of there being 5 Med mans this year its been cut down to 3.

6. Probably because each med man uses approximately 6million in ammo alone.

As for prarie thunder. Always saw that as for units who couldn't handle a med man.

7. It has been particularly bad this winter. It started in October and, even as I'm typing, is lashing it down right now.

8. Lashing down? That would indicate spring. There is winter and summer in Canada.

9. Yes mate. March is supposedly the most precipitous month which here in southern Alberta means snow. Hopefully it'll melt quick as, since October, my mountain bike has seen less action than John Waynes safety catch.

10. Rumour control has Prairie thunder 1 cancelled as the ground is too frozen to dig in targetry.

Also whispers going round that PT2 will be on SPTA.

Fat bloke down the pub said so must be true!

11. So are they admitting sappers can't dig?

12. Is explosive digging a lost art?

13. It's been the worst winter in Alberta for 40 years. Under the huge amount of snow the ground is solid for the most part. The few tracks that have been cleared of snow are quickly reverting to boggy mud as the RE vehicles try and cross them whilst they're trying to sort the targetry. As the snow melts there is expected to be huge flooding across the prairie. The only people actually exercising would be the Reccy Mechs, and the vehicle fleet that has just been through WRP would be wrecked before they'd even had a full exercise.

So yes, PT1 is cancelled...

14. Five Med Mans??...I remember when there used to be seven!

15. I could be wrong then. I was out there last year and we done 1 & 2 then i am sure our welsh friends done 3 & 4 and that took them up to September so i would be suprised if there was another 3 after that.