Practical kit ideas?

A guy has come along whom actually makes decent kit for me and does a good job, using UK spec buckles, fabric and the rest, after actually flogging it to some squaddies it's come up decent, any one got any practical ideas on what we are currently lacking so I can put them forward to him?

I've already had a word about bergens with the ones he did actually get a positive response,

So, what don't we have that we need?

Tricky one,
current Body armour incorporated webbing pouches ala osprey
claymore bags begat man bags (51mm bag being a bigger and better than claymore imho)
rocket pouches went onto NI packs onto current source 17l packs mits zips
dump pouches are being fiddled about with mag pouch sewn in

even yeti gaiters are becoming the norm for those on op cabrit

PCs has its advantages, jhw is still the best alternative to softy buffalo clones
boots are either gore lined or not

A few arrsers use coopers over on facebook

Sometimes you have to ask when does kit replace skills drills and what you actually need

As @Boxy knows too well shines stuff attracts admiring glances and cloning of ideas

Tricky one,
current Body armour incorporated webbing pouches ala osprey
claymore bags begat man bags (51mm bag being a bigger and better than claymore imho)
rocket pouches went onto NI packs onto current source 17l packs mits zips
dump pouches are being fiddled about with mag pouch sewn in

even yeti gaiters are becoming the norm for those on op cabrit

PCs has its advantages, jhw is still the best alternative to softy buffalo clones
boots are either gore lined or not

A few arrsers use coopers over on facebook

Sometimes you have to ask when does kit replace skills drills and what you actually need

As @Boxy knows too well shines stuff attracts admiring glances and cloning of ideas

And Otterburn in any Jan, Feb or Mar that you care to name...

itchy300

Old-Salt
I had an idea a few years ago and prototyped one that I've used a bit and it's definitely useful.

It's basically a dryrobe in MTP. Not sure if you've/he has seen them, they're a gortex outer with an artificial lambs wool inner so it's wicks water away and insulates when wet. Very popular with open water swimmers, triathletes, kayakers etc.. any time you're going to be p*ss wet through after physical exertion and at risk of hypothermia.

Squaddie wise they're mega for throwing on after a long tab, when establishing or dossing round a harbour, sangar bashing, ambushes, stag and wearing over your kit so you can take it off and be good to go quickly.

There are a few design points but I'll not bore you with that

Attachments

• L_DA_BB_FRONT_051_8185f6ed-1898-4bf9-9351-75806b6e1832_1200x1200.jpg
    L_DA_BB_FRONT_051_8185f6ed-1898-4bf9-9351-75806b6e1832_1200x1200.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 18

Latest Threads