• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

PRAC

Could it be a recruitment thing? As in not enough bods wanting to get in as they can't be bothered to knock the time down and are joining else where? Or they think that P-company can be completed with a slower run time if the bloke shows more grit?

Could it be a recruitment thing? As in not enough bods wanting to get in as they can't be bothered to knock the time down and are joining else where? Or they think that P-company can be completed with a slower run time if the bloke shows more grit?
Why should they drop standards? PRAC is there to weed out the non hackers

I dont believe nothing I'm told I mostly posted it too see if anyone can confirm it and too see there thoughts on it. Mostly intrigued on why they are said to be dropping it in the first place, I'm going Rifles so don't effect me in the slightest.

According to the Army Facebook Page?

The Army Facebook Page, for fucks sake!

Oh well......it's got to be true then, if its on there!

You ******* mong!!!!:frustrated:
Yes according to the Army Facebook page :O did I say it was gospel ? No I didn't, I was passing information on which to me is perfectly reasonable and what is wrong with the Army Facebook page? Every time I've needed something sorted with my application they've helped in anyway they can.

Yes according to the Army Facebook page :O did I say it was gospel ? No I didn't, I was passing information on which to me is perfectly reasonable and what is wrong with the Army Facebook page? Every time I've needed something sorted with my application they've helped in anyway they can.
Oh! in that case, cancel the Mong then & replace it with, Total Twat!!:clown:

To be honest mate the run time doesn't really mean much :/ There's still the 4mile familiarisation run and steeplechase at PRAC to sort people out. Besides it's P Coy that separates them from the rest, not the selection.

I dissagree with that. The run time does count. A bunch if wannabe paras that can only just run 10mins are not going to pass p-coy and will probably struggle with basic training alone.
Paras are supposed to have a reputation of being near elite. And with fitness standards like 10min runs is not exactly inspiring to others who would usually look up to them.

I dissagree with that. The run time does count. A bunch if wannabe paras that can only just run 10mins are not going to pass p-coy and will probably struggle with basic training alone.
Paras are supposed to have a reputation of being near elite. And with fitness standards like 10min runs is not exactly inspiring to others who would usually look up to them.
Why on earth would you look up to them, are you a dwarf? I'm sure the stumpy little arrogant, does what it says on the tin, ******* good soldiers will handle the new recruiting requirements in there stride and the PARA Regt will still be churning out good little ******* in the near future.

UTTER bollocks you obviously do not have a clue, i have had recruits run sub 8 min and some sub 7:30 min on the initial bft/pfa/pft or whatever it is called this week and failed P Company a lot didn't even make it that far, but yet i have had some that struggled to run sub 10min and did pass P Company.

UTTER bollocks you obviously do not have a clue, i have had recruits run sub 8 min and some sub 7:30 min on the initial bft/pfa/pft or whatever it is called this week and failed P Company a lot didn't even make it that far, but yet i have had some that struggled to run sub 10min and did pass P Company.
As Sandy rightfully says doing a sub 8 minute run isnt going to say you will pass PRAC or P Coy but gives a bit of a guideline, I am dubious that anyone getting over 9.30 would be able to be get a good pass on PRAC though but Sandy knows better than most the standards up there. Yes things have come down to ACIOs last week regarding run times may be getting changed to allow them to go on PRAC but as far as we know at the moment PRAC standards will stay the same, applicants Ive sent on PRAC even if running around the 8.20 mark have struggled but tabbing/steeple chase etc is more than just speed. Theres a lot more life in this so until I have had more feedback no point speculating but results will speak for themselves.

According to the Army Facebook Page?

The Army Facebook Page, for fucks sake!

Oh well......it's got to be true then, if its on there!

You ******* mong!!!!:frustrated:
Would just like to point out you were wrong, you mong.

20 seconds at PRAC isnt going to make the slightest bit difference to be honest, the steeplechase is still the hardest part and in 20 seconds youd be lucky to cover 100 meters, hardly the end of the world

Latest Threads