Prac Run times.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by swansea84, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys just wondering i hear alot of people running over 10 mins on prac. Can they still pass PRAC if they dont get the under 9.46??

2. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think that you need to 9.46 or quicker.

3. Exactly what i thought. 9.18 or 9.46 if u can dead lift 116kg. Just heard a few stories where people say they passed prac and got a runt time of 10.000 plus due to bad weather and stuff.

4. Yeah, I wasn't sure about the dead lift but knew there was something to do with it. I'm no expert on it though so I'm not totally sure however I thought it had to be them times or quicker.

5. Is the dead lift the one you do at ADSC with the bar chained to the floor? or do you do another at PRAC? Because apparently I nailed it and got 160 sumit the officer interviewing me said! So that would mean my time was pushed up to 9:46 instead of 9:18?

6. On PRAC you do 3.5 miles in 30 minutes (or thereabouts) as a squad and then 1.5 miles individual best effort in under 9 minutes 46 seconds. If you miss that latter goal by not more than 10 seconds. You get a chance to redeem yourself the day after on the steeplechase.

A good approach would be to get a run time of about 9 minutes at ADSC which would approximately compare with the run at PRAC. Running on PRAC is not done on tarmac but on rough roads at the back of Catterick, the same routes used for the running on P Coy.

7. Yeah the first one.

8. Yes that's the deadlift. You won't do another one at PRAC and you're still expected to comply with the standard requirements as mentioned above. The dead lift clause applies only at ADSC.

9. Cheers.

10. Ah right, cheers for the info mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.