PQO's passing out in C95

Heard a rumour that the current PQO course is doing the passing out thang in C95's. Is this true? Why dont they pass out of RMAS dressed like the other ossifers? :?

PQOs and TA officers normally pass out of RMAS in "2s". If they are going to be in C95 it must be because they don't all have them. A shame.

PQOs and TA officers normally pass out of RMAS in "2s". If they are going to be in C95 it must be because they don't all have them. A shame
Can't speak for the PQOs but TA Officers are told that they won't be allowed to pass the course unless they arrive with properly tailored number 2s

You are Where Sir said:
PQOs and TA officers normally pass out of RMAS in "2s". If they are going to be in C95 it must be because they don't all have them. A shame
Can't speak for the PQOs but TA Officers are told that they won't be allowed to pass the course unless they arrive with properly tailored number 2s
Well said and it should be the same for PQOs! Are they not provided with a measly grant for purchasing said items of clothing :?

Who really cares what uniform someone 'passes out' in. Lets face it when do we wear SD or No2s........? Remembrance Parade!

" The uniform maketh not the man"!

Personally i feel they should be a loan pool item and with the money they save give everyone (except PQOs) a pay rise!.... :)

Well said and it should be the same for PQOs! Are they not provided with a measly grant for purchasing said items of clothing
Once again, I can't speak fir the PQOs but I know that the TA Officers get an allowance (possibly 5 to 7 hundred pounds though I am not sure yet) for Mess dress and Service dress. However you don't get this until after passing TACC.

What normally happens is they get a set of 2s from the stores and then have them tailored, just to hand them back afterwards.

haggishacker said:
Who really cares what uniform someone 'passes out' in. Lets face it when do we wear SD or No2s........? Remembrance Parade!

" The uniform maketh not the man"!

Personally i feel they should be a loan pool item and with the money they save give everyone (except PQOs) a pay rise!.... :)
So we should ditch uniform totally and all wear t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops :?

Ballocks, the uniform is there for a reason and so is No2s or SD. Do away with 2s and SD and its another slippery descent into a moral vacuum for this sorry excuse for a Military, that this shower of shiit in power have debilitated us too :evil:

Regs get upwards of £1000

You are Where Sir said:
Once again, I can't speak fir the PQOs but I know that the TA Officers get an allowance (possibly 5 to 7 hundred pounds though I am not sure yet).
It's £378 pounds and it is to cover the purchase of Service Dress Jacket, Trousers and Hat.

msr

i think that the regs is £1138 or something like that, bout time they gave SNCOs the cash to buy their mess dress as well!!!

However, TAPOs can't put in a demand for 2's before the CJIs arrive, which is 2 weeks before the course. Its not unusual to be issued 2's the Tuesday before the course starts and have to self tailor on the course.

The Service Dress allowance usually takes a long time to arrive.

although most tailors especially the ones who deal with Sandhurst will measure you up and make it and wait until your allowance arrives before wanting payment.
They know that youre good for the cash.

This is the first PQO course with TA and Reg PQOs passing out at the same time.

The tailors have been struggling for some time to produce good quality Service Dress in such a short period of time, and the TA PQOs were unlikely to even get a fitting by the time of the parade so rather than have two parades, one for TA and one for Reg it was decided to drop down to the lowest common denominator (CS95) and ensure that the service dress was crorrectly tailored in slow time.

Also RMAS are working under the assumption that most TA officers will buy mess kit rather than Service Dress with their allowance, as they are more likely to wear it.

Boots/shoes and sam brownes will however be up to standard before departure.

There is a uniform in the pipeline which will replace No2 and Service Dress, will be more durable and be a loan item or one time issue which will then be tailored to the soldier or officer.

The TACC parades will still be in soldiers' No 2s.

barbs said:
There is a uniform in the pipeline which will replace No2 and Service Dress, will be more durable and be a loan item or one time issue which will then be tailored to the soldier or officer.
About time some sort of common sense prevailed about 2s/1s/SD :p

However, I am all for this, as long as it is not the start of the demise of parades/functions in the equivalent to 2s etc. and a march to tacky CS95.....christ next we'll be taught to march like some third world dictatorship......now haven't I heard that somewhere before 8O

Is it just me who thinks that by setting the precedent of Regular PQOs and TA PQOs training together (and therefore emplying that there is no difference) may be creating a hostage to fortune?

As most of the Regular Army PQOs (via DMETA) work in the NHS, the question can be asked why not make some form of true part-time service the norm for all these people (TA and Reg). Only PQOs who want to enter the Comd & Staff stream would then be required to be in the Regular Army. This would allow us to pick those with real "officer" qualities and allow them to compete with MSOs etc on a level playing field.

The arguement also extends to PQ ORs such as BMSs and Radiographers.

Ventress

LE
RiojaDOC said:
Is it just me who thinks that by setting the precedent of Regular PQOs and TA PQOs training together (and therefore emplying that there is no difference) may be creating a hostage to fortune?

As most of the Regular Army PQOs (via DMETA) work in the NHS, the question can be asked why not make some form of true part-time service the norm for all these people (TA and Reg). Only PQOs who want to enter the Comd & Staff stream would then be required to be in the Regular Army. This would allow us to pick those with real "officer" qualities and allow them to compete with MSOs etc on a level playing field.

The arguement also extends to PQ ORs such as BMSs and Radiographers.
Oh my God, PQO's getting a rough deal???? Quick hammer pieces of crooked wood over the windows!

They dont give a toss how they pass out, get them half trained and on the wards!

Latest Threads