PQO course

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by booboo, Dec 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got any advice as to what to expect on the PQO course. I am due to go in the Summer (not sure when but my current job finishes in August so I'd say sometime in Aug/Sept) Is it like the normal commissioning course where we're not allowed out whilst we're there? (a friend has inconveniently planned to get married in early Sept). Who are the instructors? I would just like to have an insight into the course really. My brother passed out from the other course a couple of years ago (I'm too embarrassed to tell you which corps) so I have a fair idea of what that involves. Thank you for your help!

PS I have a massive hangover, just wanted to share that because I'm at home on my own thinking about monday morning and there is feck all on tv.
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Just take along the KFS and they will show you the rest.
  3. Don't worry - they do let you out at some time over weekends ( though some lessons are scheduled for Sat and there is a Church service one Sunday ) and evenings you are free to go out. The course is pretty intensive with plenty to do in the evenings - ironing, washing, packing bergens, reading, etc....... The few weeks at RMAS and the few days at Keogh are like that - once you are back at Keogh again it gets really laid back - lots of time off and all weekends free.

PM me if you want more info.

Have fun.
  4. Its a doddle.
    Picture the scene:

Several aging doctors who have taken the 50 grand golden hello (straight in as Major), some very junior doctors who have beening lashing it up for the last couple of years, some nurses straight from the NHS and a couple of nurses with 2 years post qualification commisioned from the ranks:

Hardly SAS selection.

Weekends and most evenings off. (enjoy the tab at Keogh though!)
  5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

At what point do the female QAs have their buttocks inflated and their legs put on upside down?
  6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's a piece of the proverbial, though it's several years since I did it. Don't forget that unlike other Cadets at Sandhurst you are already commisioned with rank and that it is not a pass fail course for you.
    Explain your situation as early as possible, as long as night doesn't coincide with one of the few night exercises you'd probably be ok as long as you're back for first parade next day.
  7. Looking at the standard of most of the medics in our regiment - you would have more difficulty doing your shoelaces up. Remember that you are supposed to be a soldier first and foremost.
  8. :lol: :lol: stoppit NAP, youre killing me!! :lol: :lol:
  9. "An either sarcastic or deaf dumb and blind NAP6W"

Filbert - I am waging a one-man war against unprofessional medics. I am all of the above and stupid. I will however be taking my fight to them at the AMS Ski Champs early next year - watch this space!!!!
  10. Fang_Farrier

Not the opinion of those in charge I'm afraid.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

That will be a 100 year War then?
  12. I just hate seeing female Captains walking around looking like 2 pounds of crap in a pound bag. Standards are there to be applied, not ignored. I can either minge about it or try to make a difference. I work with the medics so I see it as our job to help them become better soldiers and them to make us more aware of the medical side.
  13. Fang_Farrier

You ain't gonna win!
  14. Might as well have some fun trying !!! We have some high level backing on this one so it should be a laugh.
  15. Fang_Farrier

If my memory serves me right it's not just the females that need a shake up