PPP

Just after a bit of gen regarding the PPP process, having had my PPP turned down twice, is it too good to be true that the 3rd time my unit have to accept it?

Cheers

Yep, not true.

You'll go where you're needed, unfortunately - if there is space (and you're appropriately senior/qualified) and you're good enough, you might get your PPP.

Some people get their first choice every time, some never.

Posting Preference Proforma. Basically a wish list of either location of job role that you submit to the CoC. Allegedly always ignored [although having spent time as an Adjt, it's often that the job/place isn't available; either that, or it doesn't fit in with the Careers/Manning division at Glasgow master plan. These things may not be immediately apparent when people apply].

Management spends 80% of their workload dealing with the 20% who are admin cases. Unless you actually have a legitimate reason for moving, (and it's shit is not a reason) then it's better to suck it up and remember service requirements come first.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Posting Preference Proforma. Basically a wish list of either location of job role that you submit to the CoC. Allegedly always ignored [although having spent time as an Adjt, it's often that the job/place isn't available; either that, or it doesn't fit in with the Careers/Manning division at Glasgow master plan. These things may not be immediately apparent when people apply].
Ta, we called it a PPF {I guess} back in the day when Bodica was a full screw {Posting Preference Form - wish list}

I used to have the misfortune to deal with my own MCM div on occasion. There are several factors to remember when trying to get posted or a post filled.

The needs of the service will always come first
Your desk officer could be stealing oxygen
There may not be any posts in the place you have requested
You are not due a posting
Due to a variety of reasons they could be posting someone in/retaining someone in post, or promoting from within the unit you wish to go to. (medical and family reasons being fairly common)

I'm being a little unfair to the desk officers as some have been outstanding, others have been as useful as a soluble condom.

My worst experiences with them were during the run up to a tour and being short of 5 CMT's, they tried to send me one who was on the tour we were relieving, one downgraded for psychological reasons and one with a potentially lethal heart condition. I used to know the 'officer' I was dealing with when he was an RLC driver, shows what shite we were accepting, and his statement was 'I only have to get people into posts, doesn't matter if they are suitable'
A pity really, as before him we had an absolute star in place who'd go out of her way to get the right person in the right post.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Army Pay, Claims & JPA 3
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 38
MOANING_BARSTEWARD Army Pay, Claims & JPA 0