PPI CRedit Card / Bank Loan Claim Rejection?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by uncle_vanya, Jul 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If a PPI claim has been rejected by a Bank, do you accept this? Or, challenge their decision?

I have had 2 PPI claims in. One was rejected by the bank (LloydsTSB), the other has been successful and have offered me a settlement which I am going to accept (£6K).

I have been advised by a friend who was a Senior Banker, that the Banks rejection letters are bog standard and that 80 percent of PPI claims are dealt with in this way. I was advised to challenge their decision, and download a standard letter format off one the consumer protection websites such as the one run by Martyn Lewis.

Has anyone any experience of the above, and what was the outcome of a request to challenge or take case to the Financial Ombudsman?

2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well it would have help if you actually had an account with them .
    Seriously ask for a reconsideration then try the ombudsman. I am sure our good friend google will come up with the right framework of words. Keep fighting the bastards and good luck .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Take a gun a shove under your bank managers nostril.. as the twat has virtually done this all his life to you.

4. 80%! Right the *******! They rejected my letter but I know for a fact that I've had loans with mis-sold PPI. Another letter going out I think

5. how to complain – the first steps You need to complete and send in the FOS Complaint Form. If you just send in an email with an outline of your complaint - it is not enough, There is a 9 months to 1 year backlog with FOS complaints but they do keep sending you nice letter to say you are still in the queue.