PPI claims. It`s not all bad news.

westendboy

On ROPS
On ROPs
About 3 months ago the Halifax wrote to me out of the blue asking if I was unhappy about being sold PPI when we took a loan out about six years ago. I`d completely forgotten about it and had to call the ex to see if she remembered owt.

"Aye" she says, "It was the loan to pay the builder who was doing up our house at the time".

The Halifax had enclosed a claim form which I duly sent down to the ex and she filled it all in.

We heard nothing about it until last week when the H wrote to us both (as we are now exs) saying that the claim was to be upheld and that the amount owed was...... wait for it - £4000. :???:

Bloody Nora, we only borrowed £10k initially and did pay it off quickly but even so.

I was amazed. The PPI was only about £280 I think and was simply added to the loan amount at the beginning.

Two days later we both received a cheque from the H for £2k.

Happy days chaps.

Chef

LE
So I get all the cold calls and you get the dosh? Typical.

I got a letter from a company about mis-sold CPI. After delaying it for months, I eventually got round to it and got a cheque for about £380. Various bar owners in the Toon are now rubbing their hands.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I too got a letter from the Halifax and I told them I did not take out PPI, but they still wanted to give me cash so I accepted with excellent grace a 4 figure sum!

Chef

LE
C`est La Vie mon ami. :p
I too got a letter from the Halifax and I told them I did not take out PPI, but they still wanted to give me cash so I accepted with excellent grace a 4 figure sum!
You are both off my Crimbo card list, but expect a bill for all the admin I seem to be doing on your behalf.

Its not fair!!!

I got a letter from a company about mis-sold CPI. After delaying it for months, I eventually got round to it and got a cheque for about £380. Various bar owners in the Toon are now rubbing their hands.
380 of your English Pounds seems to be the default sum: I've returned the cheque and said I want more.

What? Well, you never know.

I got 20 grand from Lloyds. You hate me don't you?

Gonzo33

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Mr G got 9k off of twatwest - I spent it on the kitchen :)

Latest Threads