Powerpoint question

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by msr, Dec 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Dear All,

I have recently been given some presentations and wish to use my own slide master.

I have applied my slide master to the presentation and 90% of the slides have come out OK. However, it seems that some slides have been formatted without using the slide master and my slide master does not apply its formatting to them.

Is there an easy way I can remove all the 'old' formatting from these slides so that they pick up my master slide?

P.S. When will the army teach people how to use Powerpoint correctly?
  2. Going for the obvious, but have you tried just selecting all content on the slides that won't format, and copying it to a new blank slide in the master format you need?

They should retain the information unless you've linked to something in another document.
  3. Don't know the answer to your question but I do believe you can do a powerpoint course.

I'll look into it and get back to you.
  4. msr,

Sounds like you have a multiple design template going on here try the following:

Allow or prevent multiple masters in a presentation
    Show All
    Hide All
    1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Edit tab.
    2. Under Disable new features, do one of the following:
    a. To allow multiple design templates (design template: A file that contains the styles in a presentation, including the type and size of bullets and fonts; placeholder sizes and positions; background design and fill color schemes; and a slide master and optional title master.) to be applied, clear the Multiple masters check box.
    b. To restrict design templates to one per presentation, select the Multiple masters check box.

Note If you have already applied more than one design template and you then disable multiple masters, no current slide masters are deleted, but any new design template you try to add will apply to all slides.

If this don't work get back to us.

5. ECDL which cost 35 quid at the ALC piece of weewee and gives you a piece of paper in basic computing if it's not already part of your trade spec

Plus there is a presentation course you can do as an add on to the DITS course
  6. I had a similar issue from a user at our place last week, wasn't with PP but with Word, however copying and pasting into a new document resolved the problem mysteriously, so Yank's idea is worth a go.

I did a couple of courses when I was with my unit, Clait and IBT 1+2 I believe they were, back in the mid 90's during working hours and claimed on the personal education allowance - all arranged through the trg wing. Should be a 'modern' equivalent still going, they included word, powerpoint, excel and access and the qualification is a civy one (all be it a little on the basic side!)
  7. msr

msr LE

Thanks for your help.

It seems that the original author decided to add all sorts of text boxes, which my slide master doesn't seem to 'convert'.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to do it manually.

8. You're not trying to pass off someone else's hard graft as your own are you? :(

If so, shame on you :D :D
  9. msr

msr LE

No.. I... er... um... strategically liberated it ;)

and only to practise my powerpoint skills, your honour....

10. Can't you get down to the early learning centre? They used to run Basic, Intermediate and Advanced courses in all of the Office applications. Hopefully they still do.
  11. They still do, and for nothing. If you use DII/CHOtS/CASH etc, its the firms responsibility to ensure you are competent in the applications you are expected to use. You can use this for some justification towards MS Office training, your unlikely to get civi courses unless your budget holder is thick, but the learning center courses are excellent.