Powerpoint presentation

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Bedpan2zero, Feb 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Boffins,

I need your arrse-istance!

Ive been asked to put together a powerpoint style presentation for when the unit hosts the 'old and bold' next month.

Is there any software/programme etc I need to put about 100 pics together with music playing in the background - similar styley to the current run of 'tour videos'

all help gratefully appreciated

BP20 :thumleft:
  2. powerpoint will do it with some setting up, and produce acceptible results, but for a top class result you need a media editor, something that comes with most DV cameras will do, or do a google search, you can get freebies
  3. Photo story for windows. Its free
    Download from microsoft.com
  4. I don't know where you are based but all of the major mil centres have a media suite/centre. Get along with your photos/videos and some words and they will package it for you including some suitable mood music. You walk away with the finished product ready to run on your laptop (whatever) and take all the glory! :thumleft:
  5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Or if you are using XP, you should have windows movie maker installed already. If you look in the accessories section of the programme menu, i think it is usually stored in there....
  6. yep try windows movie maker, good tool, suprisingly usful for microsoft software!
  7. Turbo album will work makes it into a flash file
  8. Cheers folks

I didnt realise I had the solution 'under my nose' all the time with 'movie maker'

Surrey-trog, i like your idea, but id prefer to take the glory for my own hard work - maybes next time

chuffed - now off to pull some more hair out