Powerpoint Clips

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Tomo113954, Feb 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I'm a PSI with a TA unit at the moment and I've been jiffed to put together the Battalions Pre Brecon training weekends. I'm after some good short video clips to put into powerpoint presentations, you know the kind of thing, funny clips, gucci army clips, yanks looking silly. Also any good stuff from Battlestripes etc. I would really appreciate any links to good websites.

Cheers,

Tomo

tomo113954@hotmail.com

2. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Monty Python - How Not to Be Seen

Monty Python - Marching up and down the square

Army - Be The Best spoof

Beach Landing - Stuck in Mud

Initiation Ceremony

Full Metal Jacket - Pile being choked by Gunny

South Park - Ginger Kids

Rome TV series - Pullo's battle in the Arena

Sean of the Dead - Beating zombies to the sound of Queen

Hope that gets you started. If there is anything in particular you are after, give me a shout and I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

3. Cannot get them to download, what am I doing wrong?

4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I assume you are right clicking and attempting to 'save target as', you have to click the link to get to the download page.

5. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

6. I take it u have to download the uploading.com software first? is there any way to just download the clips for use in powerpoints, etc.??

7. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

No you don't have to download any software, or exe file or anything like that. Just click the link, go to the download page, put the number in the box (to prevent automated downloaders), wait 30 secs and it will ask you if you wish to open the file or save it to your PC.

Simple.

8. Cheers mate, Ideal, you're a star.

Tomo

9. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

No probs. Don't know if you can use this but here's one of both planes hitting the World Trade Centre:

WTC - CNN Footage

It's a good clip - you see the first plane hitting then CNN doing that 'bystander reaction' interview thing. As one guy is explaining that he mentioned to his friend that 'that plane's a bit low' the camera pans to the towers and about 3 seconds later you see the second plane go in. Still sends chills down my spine now.

10. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

11. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Here's a storming clip of a firepower demonstration of a chaingun mounted on a helicopter gunship. How much would you love to be that door-gunner popping everything in sight?

Helicopter Chaingun

12. I can't get a single link to work ... whats happening?

13. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Don't right click and 'save as' - click the link to go to the download site.