Power-screaming - Yay or Nay?

S

Snoreador

A not-at-all-serious post... Having been a little ill with the sniffles recently (man flu, most definitely), my running had taken a bit of a hit (get half a mile, go light-headed and nearly pass out type thing). Now I'm picking up again, I went to see how my 1.5 time was. On the third lap of the field (which is kindly exactly 0.5 miles around, very thoughtful of it) I found myself still flagging, and feeling the need to yell inconsequential sounds at the top of my voice ('Yarrrggggghhhhhhh'). I then realised that I probably sounded like a nobber, and had also scared (or should that be scarred?) the dog walkers by the river. Didn't stop me doing it again though...

So - power-screaming, is it ever justified? I think probably not, but I might take it up as a recreational hobby.

S

Snoreador

Didn't they get asked to tone it down at Wimbledon a year or two ago? I must say I find it somewhat distracting.

When I hear joggers heavy breathing or grunting it makes me wonder what their sex sounds are like. I encourage the practise but please remember: real men lift weights silently, if you've got to grunt and grumble then you're out of your depth or you're doing it wrong.
Breathless panting is a different matter

If you can scream you're not putting enough effort in.

Its just about acceptable if you are benching half the world in a proper hetro gym, with no one around. If you are yodelling in one of those gayer gyms surrounded by birds you are beef and just look a ****

Latest Threads