Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power companies

Anyone heard of a urilities company called boost?

Stepdaughter is trying to get the account of her dead father closed so she can switch suppliers.. Its ******* comical.
IMG-20200917-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20200917-WA0012.jpg

These people are unbelievable. Which bit of he's FECKING DEAD don't they understand.
Would it be an option to just go onto Moneysupermarket or Which and just change supplier. These Boost people are fecking Eejits.

Most companies have a dedicated bereavement helpline/department.

Boost has a helpline.

We understand a relative or a friend passing away can be an extremely difficult time. If you need to take over someone’s Boost account, we’re here to help and we want to make this process as hassle-free as possible.

You’ll need to give Our Customer Care team a call the number is: 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Our team will get you all set up, if you need new key/cards. The current key/card might be collecting debt, so if you get a new key/card you won't have to pay off any debt that you're not responsible for.

The following information may be of some help to you:
Applying for probate

Your guiding light(bulb)

Most companies have a dedicated bereavement helpline/department.

Boost has a helpline.

We understand a relative or a friend passing away can be an extremely difficult time. If you need to take over someone’s Boost account, we’re here to help and we want to make this process as hassle-free as possible.

You’ll need to give Our Customer Care team a call the number is: 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Our team will get you all set up, if you need new key/cards. The current key/card might be collecting debt, so if you get a new key/card you won't have to pay off any debt that you're not responsible for.

The following information may be of some help to you:
Applying for probate

Your guiding light(bulb)
Mrs OS says thank you very much. She'll be onto it first thing with her daughter.

Cheers mate.

Anyone heard of a urilities company called boost?

Stepdaughter is trying to get the account of her dead father closed so she can switch suppliers.. Its ******* comical.
View attachment 505265

View attachment 505266
These people are unbelievable. Which bit of he's FECKING DEAD don't they understand.
Would it be an option to just go onto Moneysupermarket or Which and just change supplier. These Boost people are fecking Eejits.

That‘ll teach you to kill someone before their admin is squared away.

Mrs OS says thank you very much. She'll be onto it first thing with her daughter.

Cheers mate.
No worries.
The website looked like a social media page designed by a 12 year old.

@Old Stab, just a thought, but maybe Mrs Old Stab could mention the difficulty in finding details about their bereavement helpline on t websit. II had to Google "boost energy and bereavement" to find it. Searching for bereavement on their website did not help. These services should be clearly signposted.

@Old Stab, just a thought, but maybe Mrs Old Stab could mention the difficulty in finding details about their bereavement helpline on t websit. II had to Google "boost energy and bereavement" to find it. Searching for bereavement on their website did not help. These services should be clearly signposted.
Will do.
Every other company the step daughter has had to deal with have been pretty good. This one though aren't the best tbh. Hence her rather sarcastic e mail to them.

Will do.
Every other company the step daughter has had to deal with have been pretty good. This one though aren't the best tbh. Hence her rather sarcastic e mail to them.
I hope Mrs Old Stab and daughter get it resolved quickly now they have the contact details.
OFGEM has a policy that covers vulnerable customers (https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/75550/consumer-vulnerability-strategy-pdf) and mentions bereavement.
As I said before, the Boost public facing website is bonkers (almost as bad as Ling's car website), I don't think they have considered vulnerable customers at all.

Cheers mate.
I've not heard of them, so they will a tiny and/or a clown show.

I recommend Octopus or Bulb.

To be fair to her, she's got the vast majority of stuff resulting from her father's death squared away.

A lot of that was aided by the immense help of Arrsers who gave Mrs OS and me the right steer of what needed to be done and how to do it, for which we are eternally grateful.
It's just one or two loose ends that need to be sorted now, this company being one of them.

I've not heard of them, so they will a tiny and/or a clown show.

I recommend Octopus or Bulb.
Just had a look, Boost is a subsidiary of OVO.

About Boost
Boost is a dedicated prepayment energy brand founded on the belief that customers want the freedom to top up their energy when and where they’d like. Introduced by OVO in 2017, Boost is an evolution of OVO Energy’s Smart PAYG+, the first truly smart prepayment platform in the UK, removing the need for inconvenient card or key top-up systems, and instead letting customers add credit through a smartphone app linked to a smart meter. Boost offers the same game-changing technology and unparalleled levels of customer service expected from an OVO brand, with a fresh new look for customers.

Just had a look, Boost is a subsidiary of OVO.

About Boost
Boost is a dedicated prepayment energy brand founded on the belief that customers want the freedom to top up their energy when and where they’d like. Introduced by OVO in 2017, Boost is an evolution of OVO Energy’s Smart PAYG+, the first truly smart prepayment platform in the UK, removing the need for inconvenient card or key top-up systems, and instead letting customers add credit through a smartphone app linked to a smart meter. Boost offers the same game-changing technology and unparalleled levels of customer service expected from an OVO brand, with a fresh new look for customers.

Ah that will be why I haven't dealt with them, they are a subsidiary of OVO.
So yes, steer clear.