powder keg (show of force in middle east)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by azimghur1990, Jun 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Well if they want to play in NATO and Israel's backyard they must want to live in interesting times.

The Syrian Army might be a bit busy at the moment though.

2. I thought the biggest ever war games exercise in the Middle East was GWI, huge thing with great live fire exercises.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roll on Gulf War 3/World War 3.

4. BS, no way the Chinese would touch this with a barge pole.

5. Quite right. Syria is useful to them, but not THAT important. It might also get in the way of business/trade, which is their first concern.

6. The whole thing is BS and was denied by the Syrian Gov. last week, the source is a single Iranian news agency & a bit of wishful thinking.

7. Think you may be right. I cannot find any other reference to Chinese warships passing through Suez since March.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I'm not sure Fars News counts as a news agency in any sense we would understand the term. It is a mouthpiece for the Revolutionary Guards whom Reuters describes as semi-official.

9. I'd be a bit more concerned about the new Egyptian leadership forging closer ties with Iran!

10. Agreed. The Chinese will do nothing. Now that the EU has backed down, the Russians will do plenty.

11. Would this involve the same Russian Aircraft Carrier that broke down when on route to Venezuela to take part in a military exercise and had to be towed. The US and Nato are hardly gonna be shaking in their boots.

12. The Russians don't need an aircraft carrier; they've got plenty of IRBMs.

13. Agreed, 1300 M1 and a factory to build more, plus a whole load more pretty up to date Yank stuff, oops!

14. All they need now is the fuel...