pow codes Afgan

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by sirbhp, Oct 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

I have been trying to trace pow codes from ww2 for yonks . The ones i want are not in Foots history of MI9. i DIGRESS AN SEEING AN PROGRAMME REGARDING THE YANKS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF POWS IN vIET NAM THEY STATED THAT A LARGE k WAS CODE FOR Come AND GET US , AND THAT OTHER (FECKING CAPLOCKS ) codes were laid out saying x amount of us are wounded .

Do the lads who get sent to Afghan get some training in covert communication if captured or on the run ? It seems to me that most of them are stuck right out in the thick of things and are often surrounded by the Talibs .
  2. ................ and this is the sort of question that is going to be answered in an open forum? I hadn't realised the utility of a certain
    phrase until now: do one.
  3. Wonder if his names Abdul ?
  4. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

don't be a praat , i don't want the ACTUAL code , just to know that there is such training will suffice . Do you think that the Germans and the Chinese didint know our chaps had codes and compass in their kit. FOR EXAMPLE EVERYBODY AND THEIR MUM MUST KNOW THAT THE us FLAG FLOWN UPSIDE DOWN IS A SIGN OF DISTRESS. ( NOT SHOUTING JUST CANY TYPE THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING .)
  5. Do you ask such dumb questions in real life as well?
  6. He's a ******* journo.
  7. You haven't thought this through, have you?
  8. Doubt it, his grammar isn't bad enough for the Sun.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. We were all told just use the Phonetic alphabet if in trouble and surrounded by Taliban but not in contact so Hotel:Echo:Lima:papa however if in immediate danger and you have been spotted to change to Sierra:Hotel:India:Tango and backup will be there in minutes few.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. More importantly, what's this doing in the Int Corps Forum?
  11. cos we always get the int nuisances, fixated individuals, unsolicited correspondence and ******* idiots :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. And that's just the officers
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Has this now turned into a recruitment thread now? ;)
  14. Hope they're better at instructing than they are at writing. Reads like the blurb for some second-rate civvy outfit. "Working in support of the defence mission by delivering ..." FFS!