Pouches

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ugly, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I am looking for some smallish utility pouches to make up small first aid and hygene kits for stalking.
    Nothing too large as I need it to be snug and almost discreet. So if any of you know of any pouches where the belt loops are central rather than at the top, are about 4-6 inches square with an off the body width of about 2-3 inches then let me know. I may be in the market for a couple of hundred if the prototypes work well.
    Fastening can be either zip, clip or velcro so thinking caps on chaps and chappess'.

2. Ugly, as you look at this thread there is a banner advert above it for a respected webbing manufacturer. Why not contact Vanguard, I'm sure they'll help.

If you'd rather I can do it for you but it seems a bit churlish when their contact details are there for all to see.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Looking for surplus if possible, just being a tightwad but I will consider new manufacture as time goes on!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok I've looked at those on Vanguard and Kit monster but what sizes are the small document pouches?

5. Are you Barry George?

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

And so is my wife, I claim the compensation. No its actually for 3 jobs but it looks like I will be hunting around my local surplus shops and getting a modded pouch made in China or Lincolnshire which ever is the cheapest!
    It doesnt have to be IRR or even DPM but this board is a good place to start.

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Ug's,
    I have some old 58patt stuff in the loft if you need any

8. What about the SUSAT pouch, the horrible 58 pattern one, that was Olive Green? Or it might have been 72 Pattern that got left over?

9. Would a camera case do the job? There are plenty of different sizes and styles to choose from and they're readily available.

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Ahh,
    I just did a search using the name of the item above (which I have) and that came up.
    Sorry,
    Spike