Pouch Medical FA Trauma Pack Contents

#1
Can someone tell me what the contents are for the First Aider Trauma Pouch NSN 8485-99-978-4567

I would just like a general idea of what this pouch is stocked with and where items are stored in the compartments.

A picture would be great!

Any help would be greatly apprecited!

Cheers
Rob
 
#2
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... did no one tell you it's stuffed with porno magazines?
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
mad4thcef said:
Oh that's a logical response to a valid question!
it's been proven that it gets the mind of the casualty off their injuries, and if they do kark it, they die happy. win-win all round I'd say. :p
 
#5
You're probably better off asking on the medics forum.
I don't know which trauma pouch you're on about, however mine is stowed with the stuff I need, CATs, the new FFDor two, cold packs etc and they are where I can find them, so it's a personal choice, as I see it.
 
#6
At the risk of sounding really unhelpful, it includes a contents list as part of the contents!

Includes:
FFD, CATs, Hemcon, triangular bandage, casualty marking kits, name escapes me but that thing for sucking out gunk from people's throats.
 
#8
This isn't some cadet going on the junior leader course, is it?
 
#9
Purple_Emperor said:
At the risk of sounding really unhelpful, it includes a contents list as part of the contents!

Includes:
FFD, CATs, Hemcon, triangular bandage, casualty marking kits, name escapes me but that thing for sucking out gunk from people's throats.
mine never came packed nor did it have a contents list, hemcon?, so does that mean that everybody is trained and can now use the stuff?

The US Combat Life Saver, ie a basic course that s'posedly all US forces do at a basic level involves setting up a Saline Lock, starting IVs, Needle Decompression inserting NPAs etc beats BCD hands down.
 
#10
FFBox said:
Purple_Emperor said:
At the risk of sounding really unhelpful, it includes a contents list as part of the contents!

Includes:
FFD, CATs, Hemcon, triangular bandage, casualty marking kits, name escapes me but that thing for sucking out gunk from people's throats.
mine never came packed nor did it have a contents list, hemcon?, so does that mean that everybody is trained and can now use the stuff?

The US Combat Life Saver, ie a basic course that s'posedly all US forces do at a basic level involves setting up a Saline Lock, starting IVs, Needle Decompression inserting NPAs etc beats BCD hands down.
Do you really need training on Hemcon? Rip top off packet, sprikle over affected area ........or am i missing somthing ?
 
#11
Fatmini, you're thinking of QuikClot - HemCon is a fabric-like square that is rammed into the wound. It has a similar effect of controlling the blood loss, but is non-exothermic (if I was instructed correctly). And the Gunk-Sucker is called a 'Suction Easy'.
 
#13
Hemcon also sticks to anything remotely damp.
Following your logic, who needs training on CATs, just whack it on and tighten, FFDs the same.Training even if it is only 5-10minutes can save all sorts of potential problems.
 
#14
FFBox said:
Hemcon also sticks to anything remotely damp.
Following your logic, who needs training on CATs, just whack it on and tighten, FFDs the same.Training even if it is only 5-10minutes can save all sorts of potential problems.
Yeah your quite right you dont need to train people because the instructions are on the packets of all the above !
 
#15
same could be said for Bat sims, Para flares, tripflares, miniflares(there's even aWHT for those!)'66s and so on. Would you want someone to use one around you who hadn't had a smattering of proir training?
 
#17
fatmini said:
FFBox said:
Hemcon also sticks to anything remotely damp.
Following your logic, who needs training on CATs, just whack it on and tighten, FFDs the same.Training even if it is only 5-10minutes can save all sorts of potential problems.
Yeah your quite right you dont need to train people because the instructions are on the packets of all the above !
And of course people only ever get injured in the light, and they'll give you a few minutes warning first to familiarise yourself with the procedure before trying to plug their ruptured femoral artery...

There's a saying that involves the phrase "failing to prepare..." but I can't quite remember what it is...
 
#18
FFBox said:
Hemcon also sticks to anything remotely damp.
Following your logic, who needs training on CATs, just whack it on and tighten, FFDs the same.Training even if it is only 5-10minutes can save all sorts of potential problems.
Obviouisly, some people.

Someone in theatre lost a limb because they applied a CAT and the bloke had a full mag in his map pocket. They couldn't understand why they couldn't stop the bleeding............................... :x
 
#19
FFBox said:
same could be said for Bat sims, Para flares, tripflares, miniflares(there's even aWHT for those!)'66s and so on. Would you want someone to use one around you who hadn't had a smattering of proir training?
Nah trainings over rated ! 8)
 
#20
[geek]

Team medic pack Operational 583 contents

1 x Pouch, Medical, 3-compartment
1 x Suction Easy
1 x Resuscitation aid face shield
1 x Adult Triage Label Pack Individual 5 Triage labels 5 Dead
1 x Chest Seal Asherman single use
2 x Morphine auto injector
1 x Pencil, Skin marking
2 x Emergency Bandage Trauma
1 x Tourniquet System Self applied CATS
1 x Scissors bandage universal Tufcut
2 x Bandage triangular calico
4 x Gloves medical examination/procedure size medium
1 x Hemcon Bandage

[/geek]
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top