Potentially stupid question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by deadleg, Apr 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In brief: spent the last 16 months losing over 100lbs. Got 30lbs to go. Exercise frequently. Wish to join up.

Fact of matter? Massive weight loss leads to excess skin. Going to need tummy tuck or lower body lift. Once this has all healed up and assuming it doesn't effect abilities fitness wise; would this hinder me joining?

I'm going the assumption of not seeing as other people I know have had surgery for one reason or another and gone on to join.

Any thoughts or go ask local office?

Cheers, dl
  2. Can you post some pictures of your saggy skin?
  3. I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference, no harm in checking with your local careers office though. Make sure you declare it to the MO though.

Don't be a spaz, Spaz ;)
  4. um I'm thinking of 'no' here :D

yeah cheers Re; gonna be kinda hard to miss the slicing/dicing scars tbh!
  5. what are you thinkin of applying for? if you were 100 lbs overweight you might have some trouble getting an acceptable time for your 1.5 mile run.
  6. Well good luck anyway. Remember "cakes bad, phys good".
  7. Still weighing up; thinking agc or intel corp.

Currently doing the run in 11 mins (female). working on getting it under 10.

Main concern is pushups/heaves... fvck all upper body strength!
  8. you seem to be ok then, at the end of the day the run is more important than brute strength, just keep crackin on with upper body work .