Potential PTI course standards for course loading

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by civi-in-green, Apr 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening,

Please could anyone, pref PTI or PT Corps,
    tell me the minimal standard required to be loaded onto a AAPTI course please.
    Also max age to attend course if there is one.

Have a great weekend
  2. I believe that you have to have:

A Deep bronze tan
    B Nice hair ( Any up to date style acceptable)
  3. Surely the place to go would be you gym and speak to your QMSI? If you can get him away from the mirror and bryl cream you might be able to get an answer.
  4. Not quite mate...I had already started to lose my hair when I did my course, I managed to pass but it did affect my overall course report!!

Agreed on the tan though...ability to fill out a white vest is also essential as is an immunity to the hatred you'll feel from the lads in your coy / sqn !!
  5. Well Brains, that was my first port of call Monday, but as its Saturday I thought I would give this a go first. As crazy as it sounds!
  6. Are you thick as a whale omlette?

Sorry PTI is not for you then!
  7. Yes
  8. ...ANYONE
  9. Officially, you just need to be able to pass your PFT and (8 Mile) CFT.

In practice, I reckon you need around 9:30 on the Run and 70-80 Press and Sit Ups, thats just a guess though.
  10. you need to be able to pas the under 21 male PFT - thats 44 press ups 50 sit ups and a run time of under 10.30! and complete and 8 mile CFT with 45llbs carrying a rifle and helmet! and MST!

(I failed my assesment this weekend!) but thats why I went to see how far off my training is and where to imoprove!

however when you get to the course if you fail the first day you if you get at least the PFT pass of a male you age you can stay but you MUST Pass the higther stadard before the end of the week.

fail CFT or MSt and you are RTU'd.
  11. grumpy pickle...This is for Regular AAPTI not TA.
  12. Why you asking c-i-g?
  13. Maybe interested in the course...You still sticking fans under your blamket on Saturday mornings?
  14. Maybe interested in the course...You still sticking fans under your blamket on Saturday mornings?
  15. Nah, mate a grown up now :D

Just to add, standards are as previously stated.

The CFT is the major change as its AA now.

Must pass with 25kgs.