Potential Officers Insight Course 1-5 August - Pirbright

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by ArmyBarmyBen, Jun 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hullo,

I know there are many threads concerning these courses, but I was confirmed onto this course a while back and was told I would receive joining instructions soon after.

Is anyone else going on this date and has anyone received there joining instructions yet?

Cheers ABB

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alright mate,
    I'm going on this course and received them the other day.
    By day sack, are you just goind to bring a spare rucksack?
    Lastly, how you getting there?

Cheers JSDEL

• Like Like x 1
  3. Army Barm Ben contact your ACA he will be able to sort out a set of joining instructions for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hiya mate,

I'm bringing a small olive green rucksack for the day sack, so to answer your question, yes. Personally I am getting there by car, as I live quite locally.

You? Also, what are you going to wear when you arrive?

Cheers ABB

• Like Like x 1
  5. Probably just wear jeans and a casual shirt, seeing as I'm going by rail.
    Also I'm going to try and borrow a patrol pack off one of my mates in the cadets.
    See you there.
    JSDEL

• Like Like x 1
  6. The JIs should have the final word, but if it doesn't say then I would turn up in a suit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will be going in a suit because there is no information regarding what to arrive wearing, and that seems like the safest option as it is a Potential officers course, I think they are expected to be smarter.

ABB

• Like Like x 1
  8. Briefing notes say to travel in casual clothing, obviously not ripped jeans, offensive t-shirts ect. So I'm just going to wear smart-casual; jeans, t-shirt, trainers.

JSDEL

• Like Like x 1
  9. My joining instructions don't actually say anything regarding clothing, but if that is the case I will follow the trend.

Cheers ABB