Potential JNCOs cadre

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by McStab, Jun 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard on the grapevine that I may be put forward for the PJNCos cadre. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect? Any hints or tips on what extra kit to take / subjects to revise? Do you just get beasted for two weeks? It's not a problem if you do I just wondered what to expect.
  2. yeah u will get beasted sign out a tam from ure psi read up on orders process map reading and make sure ure fit, if ure going to catterick the course is a pass/fail not attend course but above all keep a sense of humour
  3. Fitness obviously. Navigation is a must you will probably be tested on that heavily in the first few days, get hold of a compass if you don't already have one.
    As HOllOS pointed out get hold of a Tactical Aid Memoire, and get plenty of Fablon. Read up on orders, section battle drills, and marksmanship principles.

Best of luck.
  4. I did my PJ's about a year ago. If you have a good set of DS you wont get beasted.

You will need to have the obvious passes in your MATTS, be fit gen up on your map reading and be keen. Get hold of a TAMS, you will get taught everything in the first week(i.e orders etc).

Don't try and do to many things yourself when on the course. We had 1 guy fail as he carried an injured guy, he should have got someone else to do it as he was a section commander.

But enjoy it.. It is good fun!!
  5. I'm a DS on the Weymouth JNCO's in Sept, What cap badge/trade are you?
  6. We slept in 10 man rooms and at the end of the course, there were 4 remaining in ours. The majority of fails on our course were people who shouldn't have been there in the first place, plus a couple of injuries.

If you're not a mong and you grit your teeth and go for it, you shouldn't have a problem.

It all depends on the DS you get, but it's generally not a beasting course - too much to learn - however they won't make it easy on you because they don't want to pass people who don't want to pass.

The hardest part in my opinion is the sleep deprivation, especially when you're sat in the harbour area trying to write your patrol report and keep falling asleep and scrawling accross the page. But there's nothing you can do about that, so turn up, look smart, do what's required and good luck!
  7. Make sure you are fit, you are fine with all your ITDs or whatever they are called now, make sure your exercise kit is squared, ensure EVERY ITEM OF KIT IS LABELLED WITH NAME, RANK AND NUMBER, get a decent orders book sorted, get a model kit, bring some OHP slides and other lesson stuff if you expect you are going to have to teach something, Good luck