Potential Infantry Officer Course.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Xoums, Jun 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody been on this that could give me an idea of what to look forwards too?
  2. Yeah was on this last year, basically quite a few presentations, a PFT, assault course, tour of the armoury, loads of junior officers to chat to in the mess and a couple of hours in the CATT simulator (which is a great laugh) fighting those pesky ruskies.

All in all a fantastic visit, just relax and enjoy it! Oh and don't mess up on the assault course or PFT or you 'will' look like a nob. Read it, learn it, live it!

Edit - Sorry just read 'course' and I've been working on the assumption you meant the fam visit. Correct me if I'm talking drivel!
  3. My mistake, I was still a bit of mess coming back from the three peak challenge when I wrote this, I meant the Fam visit, not course =).
  4. Didn't get to try that, but we did get to empty two magazines with the AS80A2 which got us all really excited, and a drive around in the back of a warrior which was pretty cool. All in all it was a great experience and gave us a good overall, although a bit shallow, view of what life as Young Infantry officer would be like and I must admit I liked it very much, and the cheap prices at the Officers mess. Aside from the fact that yet again I was made too feel very old....still smashed everybody on the phys.
  5. Lucky git. That was actually an issue I raised when I was there, that the CATT seemed awfully irrelevant to being an infantry officer. Makes much more sense doing that than what one would imagine would be a tank commander simulator.
  6. Not quite everyone...

Check your PM's.
  7. haha must admit you were slightly unlucky in that the one person to beat you saw that post. i on the other hand fondly remember you both hammering past me.

for anyone reading i would highly recomend getting booked onto this visit, it's a great experience!!
  8. yea aside from the run...came close though. But on the push ups sit ups I think I took the first place =)
    whaaaaaa....I know.....
  9. So with the Potential Infantry Officer's Course what kind of phys would you need to be aiming for? Would it be more or less on a par with AOSB?
  10. 1.5 mile timed run.
    2 mins max press up/ sit ups.
    1 pt/circuit class.(with the kind encouragements of the PT instructors)
    1 battle assault course.
    and a fair bit of running around from point A to B.
  11. the what?
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Ever made a typographical error?

As you are still under 16, and have no intentions of becoming an Officer, can I suggest that you potter off elsewhere?
  13. Xoums... BUSTED!!!
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

If you're talking about my comment, it was referring to Parahopes, not Xoums. I get a bit miffed by the complete lack of consideration for forum differentiation these days! :D