POT Pilots course: Allowances?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by born_to_solder, Jan 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. gents,
    I will be posted to Middle Wallop to begin the course. I am a dirty pad and expect to take up a quarter at Middle Wallop (heard they are shyte).
    As much of the course is away from the quarter and wife (thank god) are there any allowances i can claim: IE, LSA, MUA etc??

Many thanks for your help,

2. Quaters at Wallop shite? Dont know how old your info is but its a completely new estate. Probably the best around......unless of course your moving from Blenheim Palace.

BTW, wtf is a POT pilots course?

As for claims, I think you will be entitled to the usual due to the enforced weekday seperation.
  3. Used the word POT for potential.
    On the interview stage there was a SNCO who is based at 2 AAC and he said the interior of the houses was arrse and that the prices have been dropped to about £100 a month to reflect this.
    I can only go on what info i have, as you are clearly more informed please feel free to enlighten me.

4. If you are on the pilots course then I wouldn't tend to use the word potential.

As for the accom, check your pm's.
  5. You're on the pilot's course. You've done the POT bit and the Army is now banking on you passing 'cos from here on in failures are expensive.

So good luck!

Do be circumspect about slagging off the Quarters. The vast majority are very good indeed and the envy of SNCO and Officer singlies who have to live in truly terrible messes.

6. That I will agree with!

The accom in the Gd Rm is better.