Pot Luck Book Competition

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Jun 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Slightly different competition this time with the prize being any one of 6 books that have been sent to me by Publishers but which have already been reviewed on ARRSE. As ever, the competition is accessed by completing the entry form on SurveyMonkey which can be found here. Very simple questions with easy answers. The winners will be drawn from those who answer the questions correctly and the prize will be one of the books shown below. No particular order and I will select which winner gets which book. Offers in sealed brown envelopes to the usual address! Competition will run until Sunday 14th July which gives plenty of time to enter.

The books are

These are all paperback editions and will be a good read for the summer (if we ever get one!) so have a go and give yourself a chance to win some good reading material. ​
  2. Completed
  3. done
    i better have the first question right

thanks for running the comps
  4. HHH

HHH LE

5. Auld-Yin

6. Ok maybe I will have a bit more luck this time. Haven't won one for ages.
  7. Done. Have I won yet?
  8. Auld-Yin

Another bump for this competition which runs for another week. I notice that on Survey Monkey I said it will finish on 8th July whereas it should have read 15th July, so plenty of time to do your 'research' and answer the very simple questions and give yourself a chance at some good summer reading for the holidays - or during the Olympics if you have been spammed for working there.

Survey Monkey amended accordingly.

A few people getting mixed up with their Generals!! :)
  9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Done. T'would be nice to win something.
  10. Auld-Yin

Just 25 hours to go in this competition so still plenty of time to look up Google for the correct answers and enter the competition for one of these books.
  11. Done. I could do with another book ;)
  12. Auld-Yin

The winners of the books are, in no particular order and the book selected is first in the stack as I look at them now - i.e. pot-luck:

• WreckerL - On His Majesty's Service
    • SJRM-RN - What it is like to go to War
    • janner - Hellfire
    • rebbonk - In the Garden of Beasts
    • Mr Fingerz - Kaboom!
    • Ethel the Aardvark - Shadow Force

I will email the winners for their contact addresses and get the books out this week sometime.

The answers are:

Q1 A French rifle like weapon

Q2 Gen 'Straffer' Gott (shot down and killed on his way to take over command - Montgomery sent in as replacement)

Q3 Gen Creighton W Abrams Jr
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Yayy I won a prize.

Thanks A-Y.

Looking forward to next month's now.