Pot/kettle moment

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#1
Just listened to Dear Leader Brown on news. He was pontificating about the legality and morality of the Iranian elections. He said that irregularities and questionable results should be investigated!
That only the elected and selected by the voters should prevail.

This from a man who was handed the leadeship of a party as a gift, in exchange for compliance with another crook
This from a man who has never subjected his leadership to public scrutiny or choice!

I am a tad miffed.
 
#2
For what it's worth I agree.
However it does't matter in the least what us mere mortals think. Democracy is dead and buried in this country.
We aren't alowed a say on the matters that are really important and we are guaranteed that whoever wins the next election we sill continue to be sold down the river by corrupt politicians.
We might as well live in Iran, we are just about as free to decide our own future as the Iranians are.
 
#3
At least we'd have warmer weather...
 
#5
CaptainPlume said:
At least we'd have warmer weather...
And petrol is cheap. Fookit, where is the Iranian immigration office?

On a more serious note, the powers that be in Iran are all to aware of how a popular revolution could unseat them, it is after all exacly how they came to power themselves is it not?
Its not really surprising that public opinion in Iran carries a bit of sway where it counts.
 
#6
They're all as bad and as corrupt as each other, some just take to the worlds stage to justify their ignorance of the Democratic System better than others.

Europe is the most undemocratic establishment going, One nation rejects the Lisbon Treaty by unanimously voting against it and they are made to vote again. Even now, and several months before the re-vote, Europe is already expecting Ireland to ratify by swinging to a Yes Vote, which is fecking amazing considering how strong the No vote was at the original Poll.

Stinks of Fish and is not better a system of Democracy than that being run in places like Somalia or Zimbabwe.
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#7
heard_it_all_before said:
They're all as bad and as corrupt as each other, some just take to the worlds stage to justify their ignorance of the Democratic System better than others.

Europe is the most undemocratic establishment going, One nation rejects the Lisbon Treaty by unanimously voting against it and they are made to vote again. Even now, and several months before the re-vote, Europe is already expecting Ireland to ratify by swinging to a Yes Vote, which is fecking amazing considering how strong the No vote was at the original Poll.

Stinks of Fish and is not better a system of Democracy than that being run in places like Somalia or Zimbabwe.
Totally agree. An illusion of democracy is all we have. Perhaps we may be better off with the American system; at least it seems the state legislature can over come Federal stuff at times.
 
#8
old_fat_and_hairy said:
heard_it_all_before said:
They're all as bad and as corrupt as each other, some just take to the worlds stage to justify their ignorance of the Democratic System better than others.

Europe is the most undemocratic establishment going, One nation rejects the Lisbon Treaty by unanimously voting against it and they are made to vote again. Even now, and several months before the re-vote, Europe is already expecting Ireland to ratify by swinging to a Yes Vote, which is fecking amazing considering how strong the No vote was at the original Poll.

Stinks of Fish and is not better a system of Democracy than that being run in places like Somalia or Zimbabwe.
Totally agree. An illusion of democracy is all we have. Perhaps we may be better off with the American system; at least it seems the state legislature can over come Federal stuff at times.
Our system is fine. Its the people who who have subverted it to their own wans that are the problem. We should hang a few of them (okay maybe a few hundred) and remind them who they serve.
 
#9
I heard the short-trousered one, the brat Millyband, saying we should not comment on the internal affairs of Iran. No rift in the Cabinet is there? I hope not or The Lord High Everything, the de facto Prime Minister, Lord Rumba of Rio will be spanking bottoms - pants down of course!
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#10
I saw Mandleson's full title in a newspaper at the weekend. He almost sounds like some Ruritanian despot. A longer title than his time in cabinet. Well, one of his periods, anyway.

If he says that there is to be no comment, then he means absolutely no comment other than that which is approved by him!
 
#11
Remarkably the reactions to the Iranian elections in Europe and in the USA are different.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8102400.stm

EU foreign ministers expressed "serious concern" and called for an inquiry into the conduct of the election.
But Washington doesn't demand anything

US President Barack Obama said he was "deeply troubled" by the violence in Iran.
Why highly esteemed mr.Brown is so tough toward Iran but mr.Obama is only "deeply troubled"?

One possible explanation is a desire to avoid any accusations of staging (or stimulating) of the protests in Iran. They look as one of so called 'colour revolution'.

But is the CIA involved? I believe that only partially and rather insignificantly.

As for trasparent and fair elections then maybe postal votings should be proposed to the Iranians as an exaple of true democracy?
 
#12
Oh here we go. Sergey has the CIA involved early. :D High-jacking of thread under way.

If you can't work out why people are reacting the way they are you aren't doing much thinking Sergey. Stop the stirring, have a think and then post....please? You playing the paranoid loon this early in the day just annoys. :roll:
 
#13
jagman said:
CaptainPlume said:
At least we'd have warmer weather...
And petrol is cheap. Fookit, where is the Iranian immigration office?
And fitter women, :D by the BBC's reports yesterday. and these were the one's without the Burkha's on before some smart ARRSEr comments :roll:

The Persian look is definately hot this year
- Tatler magazine
 
#14
Fat_Cav said:
jagman said:
CaptainPlume said:
At least we'd have warmer weather...
And petrol is cheap. Fookit, where is the Iranian immigration office?
And fitter women, :D by the BBC's reports yesterday. and these were the one's without the Burkha's on before some smart ARRSEr comments :roll:

The Persian look is definately hot this year
- Tatler magazine
Beat me to it Fat_Cav. I was going to post that but feared ridicule. Some of those Iranian bints (& I mean bint in its true meaning) are really rather delectable...
 
#15
I authenticate "black" over!
 
#16
CaptainPlume said:
Fat_Cav said:
jagman said:
CaptainPlume said:
At least we'd have warmer weather...
And petrol is cheap. Fookit, where is the Iranian immigration office?
And fitter women, :D by the BBC's reports yesterday. and these were the one's without the Burkha's on before some smart ARRSEr comments :roll:

The Persian look is definately hot this year
- Tatler magazine
Beat me to it Fat_Cav. I was going to post that but feared ridicule. Some of those Iranian bints (& I mean bint in its true meaning) are really rather delectable...
Ahhh a word of caution there, Iranian women are stunning and very very game. Until they get married, then they double their weight overnight.
Went out with a Persian woman or two in my youth and the memory prompted by this thread has put a smile on my face!
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#17
KGB_resident said:
Remarkably the reactions to the Iranian elections in Europe and in the USA are different.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8102400.stm

EU foreign ministers expressed "serious concern" and called for an inquiry into the conduct of the election.
But Washington doesn't demand anything

US President Barack Obama said he was "deeply troubled" by the violence in Iran.
Why highly esteemed mr.Brown is so tough toward Iran but mr.Obama is only "deeply troubled"?

One possible explanation is a desire to avoid any accusations of staging (or stimulating) of the protests in Iran. They look as one of so called 'colour revolution'.

But is the CIA involved? I believe that only partially and rather insignificantly.

As for trasparent and fair elections then maybe postal votings should be proposed to the Iranians as an exaple of true democracy?
Oh postal voting has really worked. remind me, how many times was it abused here in the industrial parts of Yorkshire? And how many people were of 'interest' to the plod because of it?
 
#18
in_the_cheapseats said:
Oh here we go. Sergey has the CIA involved early. :D High-jacking of thread under way.

If you can't work out why people are reacting the way they are you aren't doing much thinking Sergey. Stop the stirring, have a think and then post....please? You playing the paranoid loon this early in the day just annoys. :roll:
Mate, I would like to ask you. Is Iran important enough country for our American friends? Likely you would answer yes. Is the USA ready to interfere into internal affairs of foreign countryes? It is obvious. Moreover, sometimes armed forces are used as a tool. As for the CIA then do you think that it is absolutely passive in Iranian direction? No? Then why do you speak about paramoid reaction?

Colour revolutions happened and they were stimulated from Washington. It is not a big secret.

I believe that there are some groups in Iran (though tiny ones) that are being paid from Washington. Nothing special here.

I don't overestimate the abilities of our American frineds to influence political processes in Iran. But it would be a big surprise for me if such attempts are not being made.
 
#19
KGB_resident said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Oh here we go. Sergey has the CIA involved early. :D High-jacking of thread under way.

If you can't work out why people are reacting the way they are you aren't doing much thinking Sergey. Stop the stirring, have a think and then post....please? You playing the paranoid loon this early in the day just annoys. :roll:
Mate, I would like to ask you. Is Iran important enough country for our American friends? Likely you would answer yes. Is RUSSIA ready to interfere into internal affairs of foreign countryes? It is obvious. Moreover, sometimes armed forces are used as a tool. As for the CIA then do you think that it is absolutely passive in Iranian direction? No? Then why do you speak about paramoid reaction?

Colour revolutions happened and they were stimulated from Washington. It is not a big secret.

I believe that there are some groups in Iran (though tiny ones) that are being paid from Washington. Nothing special here.

I don't overestimate the abilities of our American frineds to influence political processes in Iran. But it would be a big surprise for me if such attempts are not being made.
My bold Sergey ( with one correction). Pot/Kettle moment.....

Ok Sergey. As to the thrust of your post. Prove it...........

I'll be needing the same level of proof that you require to prove that Russian soldiers raped countless woman at the end of WW2.
 
#20
in_the_cheapseats said:
KGB_resident said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Oh here we go. Sergey has the CIA involved early. :D High-jacking of thread under way.

If you can't work out why people are reacting the way they are you aren't doing much thinking Sergey. Stop the stirring, have a think and then post....please? You playing the paranoid loon this early in the day just annoys. :roll:
Mate, I would like to ask you. Is Iran important enough country for our American friends? Likely you would answer yes. Is RUSSIA ready to interfere into internal affairs of foreign countryes? It is obvious. Moreover, sometimes armed forces are used as a tool. As for the CIA then do you think that it is absolutely passive in Iranian direction? No? Then why do you speak about paramoid reaction?

Colour revolutions happened and they were stimulated from Washington. It is not a big secret.

I believe that there are some groups in Iran (though tiny ones) that are being paid from Washington. Nothing special here.

I don't overestimate the abilities of our American frineds to influence political processes in Iran. But it would be a big surprise for me if such attempts are not being made.
My bold Sergey ( with one correction). Pot/Kettle moment.....
Your statement is correct. Russia is ready to use its armed forces as a political tool.

in_the_cheapseats said:
Ok Sergey. As to the thrust of your post. Prove it...........

I'll be needing the same level of proof that you require to prove that Russian soldiers raped countless woman at the end of WW2.
I don't claim that it is well established fact. It is only my supposition that allegely the CIA could be involved. I clearly said that it could be regarded as a possible explanation of the reaction of pres.Obama.

The CIA has a long history of activity in Iran

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Iran
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top