Pot/kettle moment

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Jun 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just listened to Dear Leader Brown on news. He was pontificating about the legality and morality of the Iranian elections. He said that irregularities and questionable results should be investigated!
    That only the elected and selected by the voters should prevail.

This from a man who was handed the leadeship of a party as a gift, in exchange for compliance with another crook
    This from a man who has never subjected his leadership to public scrutiny or choice!

I am a tad miffed.

2. For what it's worth I agree.
    However it does't matter in the least what us mere mortals think. Democracy is dead and buried in this country.
    We aren't alowed a say on the matters that are really important and we are guaranteed that whoever wins the next election we sill continue to be sold down the river by corrupt politicians.
    We might as well live in Iran, we are just about as free to decide our own future as the Iranians are.

3. At least we'd have warmer weather...

4. irregularities
    questionable results

Are both of these not labour SOP's :x

5. And petrol is cheap. Fookit, where is the Iranian immigration office?

On a more serious note, the powers that be in Iran are all to aware of how a popular revolution could unseat them, it is after all exacly how they came to power themselves is it not?
    Its not really surprising that public opinion in Iran carries a bit of sway where it counts.

6. They're all as bad and as corrupt as each other, some just take to the worlds stage to justify their ignorance of the Democratic System better than others.

Europe is the most undemocratic establishment going, One nation rejects the Lisbon Treaty by unanimously voting against it and they are made to vote again. Even now, and several months before the re-vote, Europe is already expecting Ireland to ratify by swinging to a Yes Vote, which is fecking amazing considering how strong the No vote was at the original Poll.

Stinks of Fish and is not better a system of Democracy than that being run in places like Somalia or Zimbabwe.

7. old_fat_and_hairy

Totally agree. An illusion of democracy is all we have. Perhaps we may be better off with the American system; at least it seems the state legislature can over come Federal stuff at times.

8. Our system is fine. Its the people who who have subverted it to their own wans that are the problem. We should hang a few of them (okay maybe a few hundred) and remind them who they serve.

9. I heard the short-trousered one, the brat Millyband, saying we should not comment on the internal affairs of Iran. No rift in the Cabinet is there? I hope not or The Lord High Everything, the de facto Prime Minister, Lord Rumba of Rio will be spanking bottoms - pants down of course!

10. old_fat_and_hairy

I saw Mandleson's full title in a newspaper at the weekend. He almost sounds like some Ruritanian despot. A longer title than his time in cabinet. Well, one of his periods, anyway.

If he says that there is to be no comment, then he means absolutely no comment other than that which is approved by him!

11. Remarkably the reactions to the Iranian elections in Europe and in the USA are different.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8102400.stm

But Washington doesn't demand anything

Why highly esteemed mr.Brown is so tough toward Iran but mr.Obama is only "deeply troubled"?

One possible explanation is a desire to avoid any accusations of staging (or stimulating) of the protests in Iran. They look as one of so called 'colour revolution'.

But is the CIA involved? I believe that only partially and rather insignificantly.

As for trasparent and fair elections then maybe postal votings should be proposed to the Iranians as an exaple of true democracy?

12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Oh here we go. Sergey has the CIA involved early. :D High-jacking of thread under way.

If you can't work out why people are reacting the way they are you aren't doing much thinking Sergey. Stop the stirring, have a think and then post....please? You playing the paranoid loon this early in the day just annoys. :roll:

13. And fitter women, :D by the BBC's reports yesterday. and these were the one's without the Burkha's on before some smart ARRSEr comments :roll:

- Tatler magazine

14. Beat me to it Fat_Cav. I was going to post that but feared ridicule. Some of those Iranian bints (& I mean bint in its true meaning) are really rather delectable...

15. I authenticate "black" over!