Postings

Hi,

Do we still have posts for Senior NCOs in armed forces career information offices, and also cadet training teams? I need to get a recruiting tick for my career profile and certainly don't fancy Blandford or a depot.

Thanks

At the moment yes but they are all due to be civilianised in the next 18 months. Don't remember the name o the company that has got the contract for all AFCOs.

thankyou timebandit, that is very disappointing, I was really hoping for one next, do we still have people in cadet training teams, or have those posts all gone over to infantry?

thankyou timebandit, that is very disappointing, I was really hoping for one next, do we still have people in cadet training teams, or have those posts all gone over to infantry?
Yes still postings available in CTTs; lots of individual slots all over the country.

Beware though many of the more senior CTT posts are being turned over to FTRS. Have you got the relevant adventure training qualifications and Disclosure Certificate?

Find and read a copy of R Signals PD 19.

Sigs are pretty good at this (it's one of the few things I think you are good at mind!) so their system of information/boarding/selection/employment usually works well.

At the moment yes but they are all due to be civilianised in the next 18 months. Don't remember the name o the company that has got the contract for all AFCOs.
Oh pleaseeeeeeeeee...

Maybe they think that a hot blonde with massive tits is going to be more enticing than seeing a fella in uniform who can actually give more structured answers to his enquiries, ask the civvie any life style questions (unless they're former service) and she'll be DUHHHHHHHH

Oh pleaseeeeeeeeee...

Maybe they think that a hot blonde with massive tits is going to be more enticing than seeing a fella in uniform who can actually give more structured answers to his enquiries, ask the civvie any life style questions (unless they're former service) and she'll be DUHHHHHHHH
I think you'll find that as I stated earlier that all AFCOs will be civilianised I totally agree with your post but the contract has been signed!

There is one of the millions of PD's to fill in for recruiting posts, but there is definately posts for SNCO's in the ART's around the country ( how long these will be running for is another thing!) i'm guessing the future army will not need recruitment ???

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh pleaseeeeeeeeee...

Only see a recruiter when you travel to your REGIONAL recruiting centre, all the smaller ones are getting shut down, all the LSL/FTRS/Veng Long Office Managers have been given their notice, and all the E Type recruiters are looking for new employment (maybe March 2013).

In future will have Cpls (no profile as yet: old, passed over, bitter, long term injured sick or young, just off course (SCBC or equivalent, thruster, future WO1 material, soon to got to depot/ITC/AFC(H) type) to provide the Military flavour and answer specific questions, old type ex-mil 'likely' employed to basically 'issue username and password after registering initial interest' and potential recruit will do most of online until medical.

However I could be all wrong, and it will turn out to be a wonderfull system, but then again with these new cutbacks and reduced strength, do we actually need recruits????????

My mind is drifting back for some unknown reason to the 1990's..............

I know someone who got posted to a careers office, only to get posted straight back again because the post had been civvied

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Also begining to have an effect on the manning of ART's, have been told of at least one ART being disestablished, someone I know had to get another posting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Jobs (Discussion) 31
F REME 36
Sam_Fisher Aviation 31