Postings

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by MCFCMIKE, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this is the right place for this but I couldn't see where else to put it...

I'm just finishing my trade training and having submitted posting preferences for North England i've been allocated a post in Northern Ireland. This is untenable for me and I have no intention of going, but what are my options?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. AWOL????

3. Sorry fella but no sympathy here!

You serve the Army not the other way round!

Just grit your teeth and get on with it. Your next posting may be in North England anyway.

BFM

4. Yeah fair one. But i've a fiancé in university that cannot move, and that's not even a feasible commute once a fortnight. I'm told you can refuse 2 postings but i dunn if there's any truth in that?

5. At what point during your application or subsequent training was you guaranteed a Northern England Posting, who offered it to you and did he give you the guarantee in writing :?

If the answer to the question is non of the above (and I think you already know the answer), turn to the right, bang your heels in, salute, and get the f*ck out of the office and on to the next train oop North :D

Unless you are under 18 (or have very recently turned 18)

6. Looks like you will very soon have an Ex Fiancée :wink:

7. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

You'll see a lot less of her if you got posted to a hot sandy place - could be a lot worse

8. If you have genuine issues that could affect your work then speak to your chain of command (not easy in phase 2 admittedly) or failing that your welfare office. You may well end up getting sent to ireland anyway as it maybe too short notice to move you else where but upon arrival at your new unit explain your situation to your CoC again and if there is adequate reasons then they will sort you out.

If your issues aren't that serious then ditto no sympathy

9. Fiance? No sympathy then! Plus she is a lazy student

10. Exactly the right place for a question such as this!

I regret that I am in agreement with the other posters and that you have only one option; salute and turn smartly to the right. NI is a pleasant enough posting although there may still be restrictions on where you can travel. It is a lot more comfortable and a lot less restrictive than Afghanistan though.

There is the possibility that, if you can find one of your classmates who is posted to Northern England and wishes to swap with you, MCM Div might be willing to change but the chances are slim. A lot of soldiers are in the same boat as you and would like a posting up north!

You can try talking to the RCMO but he will probably deliver the same message; this is the Army and if you didn't consider the possibility that you might be posted somewhere that was not to your liking, why did you join?

Look on it as training for the future; which it is, in more ways than one.

Litotes

11. You are going to NI, so what?

12 warrants a year, 4 long weekends on top of your individual allowance, NI pay of about £200 a month and if you book flights far enough in advance they cost buttons!

12. I was told none of this stuff still applies?

13. Uni? Untenable? Are you a cavalry officer?

14. Well someone is telling you porkie pies, as there is a whole Bde of people over here still using the stuff that as you say no longer applies!

15. What did you expect when you signed up? If they posted you to cyprus would you also refuse?