Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by slopjocky01, Jun 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you are a pad with kids, do you think postings should happen during half term breaks?
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No, they should happen when your going on a long course and leaving the Mrs to do it all.

I would like to remind people it's not a good idea to phone the wife the night before marching out and say "Don't worry about me being bored love, I'm off to the bar"!
  3. No. Everyone has reasons for wanting to be posted where and when they want. Unfortunately the Army can't accomodate us all.

Now, sensible answer over, this is the NAAFI bar and it was a bit of a rubbish question, everbody pile on!
  4. Fcuking serves you right, doesn't it?
  5. Preferabley but not always going to happen. I've always found however if you request a posting be delayed or brought forward (so long as it's not too long) they are usually quite accomodating.

Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if they did come back with.... remember 'the Army's need always come first'
  6. NO - because probably as was usual in my day (yes I know Im and old bastard) some poor singlies will get spammed with covering for all the bloody pads on the move.

Does the SLAP (Single Lads Agains Pads) Club still run in certain units?
  7. You move, family and kids come later............ simples. Or are you special?
  8. Yes!
  9. No, you decided to have kids not the army, so tough sh!t
  10. Pardon?? Eh no!!!! both clean the qtr and then wifey waits outside during march-out and lets hubby argue the toss if any charges incurred, after all he is the one in the army
  11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Oh I had a choice! I wish the bitch had told me.
  12. You're sharp ain't you?

Never heard of the cleaning scheme or wives handing a Qtr over?