Postings orders to 1 Mechanized ( Tidworth )

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by harriersfan242, Jan 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,
    ive recently recieved my posting orders to 1 mechanised brigade (215 Sig Sqn) and this will be my first posting. im heading there end of may beginning of june ish i hope, depending on how quick i can get my trailer license done at good ol Blan Vegas! if anybody can give me an insight into 1 mech and 215 sig sqn that would be great. cheers
  2. God helps those who help themselves.
  3. What trade are you? You don't need to go in to naafi forum mode (al la wanking) to get responses in here!
  4. Have you asked around the Class 1's in your Tp/Sqn? Do you what the unit badge looks like and just ask anyone you see with it on. No one would fob you off as long as you ask politely.
  5. And as long as you're not lieing in your pit, w4nking.

The HIVE would be an excellent place to start.

Or print out your original post, and send it to...

The RSM
    215 Sig Sqn

He'll answer all your questions.
  6. I was there 2 years ago. I loved it.

It was a really busy Sqn.

I think they have got rid of the armour and tents and use DRASH now so it will be crap on that side of things.

Z-type Accom. They build new sheds before i left so the workplace is good. Most of the Hierarchy were Airborne when i was there so they loved the PT.
    Cookhouse is good but you share it with 2 other units so is busy. The Garrison Super Gym is brilliant. Med Centre is still pretty new. They have one of the best Physiotherapist departments in the country.

Tidworth is not the best place in the world either. Its a Garrison town so the army is bloody everywhere. The only pub is the Ram, the legion is ok for cheap drinks. Tescos, Dominoes, Subway, Dropzone, Barbers and a few Takeaways up Station Road.
    MOS(Ministry of Spice) is a great curry house.

They are off in Herrick next year as well.
  7. At least they'll know where he is and what he is doing when he disappears!
  8. So what you're saying is that someone with inside info might know that this kid is coming and (SHOCK HORROR) has asked a forum what its like? Jesus they'll string him up! Next thing you know he'll be leaving the submarine hatch open...
  9. not too lazy id just rather hear it from the horses mouth then get a shite load of handouts and booklets!
  10. If he hasn't read it on here, he'll get the good news soon enough as someone's linked this thread to FB

Personally, apart from being a Harriers fan, I don't know what the lad's done wrong.
  11. Just heard about this haha!
  12. I've seen it aswell....