Postings in the USA

Definitely no Scallies in Singers, only an RE CoW, moaning about lack of promotion opportunities. Not heard of one in Washington and I've done some business with BEW.
And, of course, a Naval Shore Party at Sembawang. And a couple of Gurkha Officers seconded to the Singapore Police Public Order Battalion.

I would have thought, apart from the odd pilot/officer exchange tour, there wouldn't be any postings in the states.
It's possible that I am completely out of date, but we don't have AAC units (or any other units for that matter),in the states.
One of my former blokes has just been posted to the US. AAC, Captain, though...

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
The CP teams are only in hostile environments, and even then not all of them.
The bulk of UK diplo CP, where required, is commercially sourced and provided.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I reckon the OP has been conned by an evil recruiting NCO.

There used to be a RCT JNCO staff car posting in Washington back in the day IIRC. I recall seeing that along with some RCT places at Ramstein before the wall came down.
I had to settle for Belize.

All of whom are unlikely to be Privates just out of basic.....

I'm wondering where @flyer2020 got this idea from

Join the Army and go to the USA, skiing with Frank, all the birds love a man in uniform, you'll be a WO1 in 10 years etc etc

Hi All,
I am due to finish my phase one at harrogate in 3 weeks, I am currently going to the army air corps, but my goal if possible is to have a posting in the states. I've asked around and looked online but can't find many details. I was wondering is anyone knew of any postings long or short term out there, or what job role would most likely to go out ?
Many Thanks for reading my post!
George
I hate to say it, but a few other posters have it right. We, in the RAF, have quite a few positions in the US, at all ranks, but specific to a few trades etc. Unlikley to get it as, say, a PTI, but the comms branch and air eng branches all have PID's over there. Maybe, if that's your ultimate goal, you might want to think about a switch!

I hate to say it, but a few other posters have it right. We, in the RAF, have quite a few positions in the US, at all ranks, but specific to a few trades etc. Unlikley to get it as, say, a PTI, but the comms branch and air eng branches all have PID's over there. Maybe, if that's your ultimate goal, you might want to think about a switch!
There's one slight issue...

RLC Postal & Courier have 1x SSgt and 2x Cpl at the Embassy in Washington. (2 year posting).

Also a Sgt in Virginia but l think that is a 6 month tour now.

Latest Threads