Postings in the North Wast of England

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Scally, Jan 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its that time of the year….Dream Sheet time! I would like a posting up the North West of England. Anyone know of any good places in that area?

What’s Chester like? And what unit is there?

Thanks for any help
  2. chester is good if you like standing on guard on the city wall and shoot bows and arrows at the invading welsh.

chester is a good town with loads of history and a complete city wall, loads of japo tourist, good pubs, the cheshire regiment museum is based near the castle. worth a visit if you want to look up the regimental history.

as to other units see here
    thats is as much as i know
  3. Why bother asking?
    If you want to know where you're ending up, you ought to follow the approved MCM Div posting procedure.

Drink ethanol until you go blind, then divide the age of your dog by the number of times you've seen Top Gun. Add this to your Service No, roll six dice, multiply the two, invoke the spirits of all that is evil and hath been banished til the ever after, spin round till you're dizzy, and the resultant figure will spell out your new place of work if you follow the rule 1=A, 2=B, 3=C etc

Have fun in 20-9-4-23-15-18-20-8!
  4. Scally, what cap badge are you? And what trade?

5. RLC Anti PAYD. Very good clue
  6. I knew you were a sloppy.
  7. McDonalds in Chester might want another fat splasher. :D
  8. Thanks pal, i shall that that under advisement. Anything has got to be better than being unappreciated in the Army. Would luv to work in KFC
  9. I wouldn't bother applying to work for KFC.

They like people who can cook chicken. :wink:
  10. Heerrrrmmmm That could be a problem!

How about a Chinese take away? They seem to get away with s**t loads! I am sure not being able to cook won't bother them.
  11. Chester housed the Sherwood foresters last time I was there - March '04